Vice President, Legal and Secretarial
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 1867170/001
Date posted 26 October 2022kuala-lumpur legal/commercial-law 2022-10-26 2022-12-25 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the leading insurance providers is recruiting for a Vice President, Legal and Secretarial job. This role is for someone who is dual-qualified with admission to the Malaysian Bar and has a company secretarial license to take the lead role over the legal and corporate affairs teams and support the business in these functions.
About the Vice President, Legal and Secretarial Role:
Reporting to the Head of Legal, the Vice President, Legal and Secretarial ideally possesses strong knowledge of the Malaysian insurance market and regulators and is familiar with best practices and statutory compliance applicable to all legal, regulatory, and corporate matters of the group while also acting as the company secretary.
- Support in all types of contract negotiations, drafting and reviewing relevant agreements, focusing on implementing and improving standard forms, checklists and other control tools for efficiently managing legal risks of the company
- Lead and/or take an active role in strategic projects, both local, regional and global, support on M&A, bancassurance and other transactions
- Ensure independent management of the legal aspects of projects, particularly relating to digitalisation strategies to the highest standards
- Oversee litigious complaints, ombudsman and litigation matters
- Provide legal advice at all levels of the organisation with a focus on insurance law, general business law, corporate law and technology/data privacy related issues
- Perform legal monitoring and coordinate with the regional office and outside counsel
- Act as Company Secretary and oversee all company secretarial matters
- Assess/implement appropriate tools for improving the efficiency of the management of legal and
- corporate affairs such as activity management tools, contract management tools, board management tools, etc.
- Build and maintain the overall relationship with the Malaysian Central Bank and other regulators, as well as associations and other organisations
- Ensure adequate training and control of local teams with a view to effectively managing legal risks, implement adequate told for monitoring team activity
- Identify and mentor talents, build best practice, building legal skills and capabilities/coaching/mentoring/developing teams, hire, calibrate, review and consolidate local direct reports
- Oversee the implementation of regional guidelines, operating procedures, methodologies and templates, reporting and escalation in case of material matters
- Lead changes, ensure anticipation of coming challenges and risks
- Prepare, obtain approval and manage budgets
To succeed in this Vice President, Legal and Secretarial role, you will need excellent relationship building, communications, negotiation and convincing skills to supervise, manage and provide quality support and advice to the management for all legal, regulatory, and corporate matters.
- LLB from a top tier law school or similar qualification
- Admitted to the Malaysian Bar
- At least 10 years post qualification experience working within the legal department of an international company, ideally in the insurance industry, with previous private practice experience in a top tier law firm
- Valid company secretarial license and certificate of practice
- Be well organised, self-motivated and have a strong ability to work on their own initiative, possess strong organisational skills, analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to work well in and, if asked to do so, lead, cross functional teams
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong understanding on how businesses work and be able to implement efficient and business oriented legal and compliance solutions
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Bahasa
Exciting times lie ahead for this international insurance company that needs no further introduction with recent efforts in business diversification and enhanced market power. They are highly recognised in the global presence, known for their balanced corporate environment and focus on developing and nurturing their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and would like to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Vice President, Legal and Secretarial role.
Click Apply now or email your CV to email@example.com today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 November 2022A leading and established private equity firm headquartered in Singapore is currently seeking an Associate Director, Legal. In this job, you will join the organisation due to expansion.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 November 2022A VP, Legal Counsel (DCM/Derivatives) job has become available, responsible for delivering the highest quality of legal service. You will also play a vital role in providing the direction for all things legal-related, including drafting agreements and rendering legal advice and support to various business units.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 01 November 2022A well-known and reputable financial institution is currently seeking a high-calibre VP, Company Secretary. In this job, you will join their esteemed organisation based in KL.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 November 2022Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is seeking a high-calibre and talented Senior Manager, Company Secretarial. In this job, you will join their dynamic secretarial team based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022A reputable and well-known international insurance company is currently looking for a high-calibre candidate for a Manager, Company Secretary job in their Legal and Corporate Services department.