Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 1854810/001
Date posted 21 September 2022kuala-lumpur legal/commercial-law 2022-09-21 2022-11-20 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An Associate Counsel job has become available at a well-established shared service arm of a leading international manufacturer who requires a legal talent to provide pragmatic and strategic advice/support both locally and globally to help safeguard legitimate business rights and pursue strategic objectives.
About the Associate Counsel Role:
This Associate Counsel is responsible for providing dedicated specialist legal and commercial advice and support legal and regulatory risks of business operations in all aspects, and act as a trusted adviser to stakeholders to ensure informed business decisions are made to support commercial opportunities whilst always ensuring legal compliance is adhered to and business risks are effectively mitigated.
- Provide legal and commercial advice and service to advance business objectives while effectively managing relevant risks and proactively provide pragmatic and sound advice to support the company's commercial and corporate activities
- Negotiate, draft and advise on execution of all commercial transactions
- Support the overall contract management system and processes including drafting, negotiating and executing contracts pursuant to the company's contract management policy
- Support and ensure proper corporate governance procedures are in place for internal compliance and ensure strict compliance including but not limited to review and audit of all processes from time to time to ensure continued compliance with the group's compliance guideline such as Standard of Business Conduct, GDPR and TPABACP/Third Party Anti-Financial Crime Procedure (TPAFCP) policies
- Proactively drive corporate strategies and keep abreast of developments in the relevant areas of law and to advise functions and stakeholders of the legal impact when appropriate
- Create and maintain a database of relevant work product and general advice
- Instruct and manage external legal counsel in relation to complex, high profile and/or strategically important transactions and other advice, reviewing output, and controlling and approving spend
- Ensure good information flows between business contacts, legal and other business partners about business initiatives to optimise commercial opportunities and manage risks
- Identify opportunities to develop and apply standardised processes and documentation to support simplification, improve productivity and reduce complexity
To succeed in this Associate Counsel role, you must demonstrate excellence in your work, proactively seek to identify opportunities to create legal awareness and improve the company’s position, and deliver high-quality legal support through strong application of excellent counselling, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Malaysia, UK or equivalent qualified lawyer and additional legal qualifications or experience dealing with common law jurisdictions, particularly the UK, is an advantage
- Minimum of six years of post-qualification experience, gained either in an international or reputable law firm and with in-house counsel experience for a major multinational company
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Additional languages are an advantage in particular written and spoken Mandarin, as the candidate is required to work with Mandarin-speaking stakeholders
- Significant experience and expertise in commercial, corporate law and regulatory compliance
- Compliance law experience and good knowledge of product liability, competition and intellectual property law is an advantage
- Excellent legal drafting skills
- Ability to apply knowledge of legal drafting to adapt contract templates where necessary, and mitigate key risks
- Ability to communicate legal concepts to business colleagues in clear, simple terms
- A commercial and pragmatic attitude to problem-solving and the ability to provide value-add over and above legal advice
- Strong negotiation and project management skills, and ability to plan, anticipate and manage priorities to optimise output and enhance the effectiveness of commercial solutions
- Hands-on, adaptable and flexible attitude, sound commercial judgement and ability to work under pressure and to cope with unexpected and varied demands
- Keeps up to date with changes in law and corporate governance best practices to ensure that company transactional structures, documentation, policies and contract management processes remain current and commercially appropriate
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Embraces the company’s values, vision and culture by actively applying these to the role and advocating these with colleagues
The successful candidate will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and will be expected to engage confidently and effectively with local and global stakeholders. In this well-recognised organisation, the opportunity comes with loads of exposure and learning opportunities.
If you have been demonstrating personal and professional experience by sharing best practices and knowledge efficiently, having outstanding management of significant legal risks to the business and concentrate at being lawyers at the heart of the business, this Associate Counsel role is right for you.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 28 September 2022An up-and-coming mid-sized law firm is now seeking a high-calibre Legal Associate/Partner (Corporate & Commercial) to join their practice group. Due to significant growth achieved since its inception, this mid-sized firm is now looking to grow and strengthen its corporate practice group.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 August 2022As a result of ongoing and continued success both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader within the insurance industry is recruiting for a Associate GC, Legal job in their legal division based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 August 2022A Legal Associate (M&A) job has become available at a reputable law firm in Kuala Lumpur, due to significant growth over the years.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 September 2022One of the leading clothing designers, manufacturers, and retailers of casual, sports and formal apparels and outfit is seeking a high-calibre Legal Manager. In this job, you will be part of the dynamic organisation that drives its specialisation across the globe.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 August 2022An exciting Legal Counsel job has become available in an established private equity firm located in Kuala Lumpur. This is a leading Asia focused alternative investment management firm and is headquartered in Singapore.