Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 1829110/001
Date posted 21 September 2022kuala-lumpur legal/commercial-law 2022-09-21 2022-11-20 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the leading clothing designers, manufacturers, and retailers of casual, sports and formal apparels and outfit is seeking a high-calibre Legal Manager. In this job, you will be part of the dynamic organisation that drives its specialisation across the globe.
About the Legal Manager Role:
Reporting to the Legal Director, the Legal Manager will ensure that the organisation adheres to the constitution and is compliant with the by-laws, laws and regulations of the country and support the company across the business, external business partners, service providers and governmental authorities in relation to legal matters with the company’s ASEAN/global legal teams.
- Render advice and support on commercial law matters and legal challenges relating to contracts and commercial issues, corporate governance, leases, industrial relations, and labour matters
- Manage contracts (i.e. draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts including tenancy agreements, marketing, supply of goods and services agreements employment, non-disclosure agreements, etc.)
- Advise the business on developments and legislation on relevant legal and regulatory matters, keep the business abreast of developments and updates on employment, data protection, competition, anti-corruption, and other relevant laws to ensure compliance, on marketing activities as well as on emerging products’ matters and regulatory affairs
- Anticipate and manage legal risks connected with or resulting from business strategy and operations
- Advise and follow up on all litigation, dispute resolution, and internal and external investigations
- Partner with the information security department on legal risks, financial and reputational risks
- Liaise with relevant government offices and other competent authorities if necessary
- Advocate best practices and policies through training, guidance and even assistance in customer claims/complaints
- Handle any ad hoc projects and general administrative duties as assigned
- Conduct legal research to support the business e.g. product development or compliances
- Manage overall legal documents (i.e. filing and archiving, supporting on procurement system for contract management, seeking signatures of authorised signatories, etc.)
- Support corporate secretarial work between the business/functions and company secretary
You will provide legal and regulatory advice across the business and to be successful in the role, you are required to have analytical and logical reasoning, able to anticipate, identify and address key issues by conducting analysis to have in-depth understanding of root causes.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years PQE in a reputable law firm with a corporate and commercial background
- Added advantage with three to five years of work experience in-house in a multinational company
- Experienced in drafting and reviewing general commercial contracts and dealing with government and regulatory authorities
- Working knowledge of commercial law, company law and competition law and understands consumer protection, data privacy, real estate with an awareness of legal and commercial risks and the ability to establish means for managing such risks consistent with business objectives, and sound judgement when balancing such risks against the business benefits
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with effective negotiation skills and able to adapt to various communication styles to multi-level stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, lead direct commercial/corporate negotiations with internal and external stakeholders and counterparts, and the ability to multitask
- Good business acumen with an acute understanding of the business needs
- The motivation to involve and engage stakeholders through knowledge sharing and providing recommendations to improve work processes and practices
- Detail-oriented with a focus on delivering work of high quality and accuracy
- Able to manage projects independently with minimum supervision and work under pressure
This organisation needs no introduction as a globally recognised and respected brand that is constantly breaking new ground. It envisages its employees to be self-motivated and independent with strong drive, inquisitive, commercially astute and aspires to be a natural business partner.
This Legal Manager role is for you if you are hands-on, practical and solution driven with the ability to influence, implement, and execute identified opportunities as well as confident in managing and resolving difficult situations to improve stakeholder experience.
Click apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 28 September 2022An up-and-coming mid-sized law firm is now seeking a high-calibre Legal Associate/Partner (Corporate & Commercial) to join their practice group. Due to significant growth achieved since its inception, this mid-sized firm is now looking to grow and strengthen its corporate practice group.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 August 2022An exciting Legal Counsel job has become available in an established private equity firm located in Kuala Lumpur. This is a leading Asia focused alternative investment management firm and is headquartered in Singapore.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 August 2022As a result of ongoing and continued success both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader within the insurance industry is recruiting for a Associate GC, Legal job in their legal division based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 August 2022A Legal Associate (M&A) job has become available at a reputable law firm in Kuala Lumpur, due to significant growth over the years.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 September 2022An Associate Counsel job has become available at a well-established shared service arm of a leading international manufacturer who requires a legal talent to provide pragmatic and strategic advice/support both locally and globally to help safeguard legitimate business rights and pursue strategic objectives.