Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Lindy Ho
Job Ref 1843270/001
Date posted 24 August 2022kuala-lumpur legal/commercial-law 2022-08-24 2022-10-23 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Legal Counsel job has become available in an established private equity firm located in Kuala Lumpur. This is a leading Asia focused alternative investment management firm and is headquartered in Singapore.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
Reporting to the Director, Legal, you will manage the day-to-day legal, contracts, licensing and regulatory affairs of the company. You will play a key role in the company’s Legal Department’s continued development and success in its Kuala Lumpur office.
- Manage the legal documentation for DAPE deals (investments and exits, privatisations, as well as financing workstream) in SEA region, alongside external deal counsels
- Key liaison between partners/deal team and external deal counsels, to ensure that standard DAPE position/bespoke deal considerations are reflected in deal documentation
- Manage legal work stream for fundraising (including preparation, review and negotiation of subscription agreement, limited partnership agreement, side letters) alongside external fund counsels
- Support legal work stream relating to a private equity fund (e.g. drawdown notices, distribution notices, interpretation of limited partnership agreement, advisory committee meetings etc.)
- Advise, draft, review, negotiate agreements on a day-to-day basis (NDAs, portfolio company agreements, internal shareholders agreement, service provider agreements, ad hoc deal documentation drafting and negotiation)
- Support compliance initiatives and training
To succeed in this Legal Counsel role, you will need to be a self-starter, driven and possess a can-do attitude.
- LLB degree holder, admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaysia
- At least six years of post-qualification experience
- Experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal documents. Candidates who are equipped with corporate/M&A experience/familiarity with PEs have a strong plus point
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Self-starter, reliable and able to work under minimum supervision
This private equity firm manages strategies across public and private markets in Asia and globally. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are a progressive legal professional with a can-do attitude, this Legal Counsel role is an excellent opportunity to work with an investment management firm in Malaysia that will drive your career forward and upwards.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 28 September 2022An up-and-coming mid-sized law firm is now seeking a high-calibre Legal Associate/Partner (Corporate & Commercial) to join their practice group. Due to significant growth achieved since its inception, this mid-sized firm is now looking to grow and strengthen its corporate practice group.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 September 2022One of the leading clothing designers, manufacturers, and retailers of casual, sports and formal apparels and outfit is seeking a high-calibre Legal Manager. In this job, you will be part of the dynamic organisation that drives its specialisation across the globe.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 August 2022As a result of ongoing and continued success both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader within the insurance industry is recruiting for a Associate GC, Legal job in their legal division based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 August 2022A Legal Associate (M&A) job has become available at a reputable law firm in Kuala Lumpur, due to significant growth over the years.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 September 2022An Associate Counsel job has become available at a well-established shared service arm of a leading international manufacturer who requires a legal talent to provide pragmatic and strategic advice/support both locally and globally to help safeguard legitimate business rights and pursue strategic objectives.