Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 1829110/001
Date posted 20 July 2022kuala-lumpur legal/commercial-law 2022-07-20 2022-09-18 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the leading clothing designers, manufacturers, and retailers of casual, sports and formal apparels and outfit is seeking a high-calibre Legal Manager. In this job, you will be part of the dynamic organisation that drives its specialisation across the globe.
About the Legal Manager Role:
Reporting to the Legal Director, the Legal Manager will ensure that the organisation adheres to the constitution and is compliant with the by-laws, laws and regulations of the country and support the company across the business, external business partners, service providers and governmental authorities in relation to legal matters with the company’s ASEAN/global legal teams.
- Render advice and support on commercial law matters and legal challenges relating to contracts and commercial issues, corporate governance, leases, industrial relations, and labour matters
- Manage contracts (i.e. draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts including tenancy agreements, marketing, supply of goods & services agreements employment, non-disclosure agreements, etc.)
- Advise the business on developments and legislation on relevant legal and regulatory matters, keep the business abreast of developments and updates on employment, data protection, competition, anti-corruption, and other relevant laws to ensure compliance, on marketing activities as well as on emerging products’ matters and regulatory affairs
- Anticipate and manage legal risks connected with or resulting from business strategy and operations
- Advise and follow up on all litigation, dispute resolution, and internal and external investigations
- Partner with the information security department on legal risks, financial and reputational risks
- Liaise with relevant government offices and other competent authorities if necessary
- Advocate best practices and policies through training, guidance and even assistance in customer claims/complaints
- Handle any ad hoc projects and general administrative duties as assigned
- Conduct legal research to support the business e.g. product development or compliances
- Manage overall legal documents (i.e. filing and archiving, supporting on procurement system for contract management, seeking signatures of authorised signatories, etc.)
- Support corporate secretarial work between the business/functions and company secretary
You will provide legal and regulatory advice across the business and to be successful in the role, you are required to have analytical and logical reasoning, able to anticipate, identify and address key issues by conducting analysis to have in-depth understanding of root causes.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years PQE in a reputable law firm with a corporate and commercial background
- Added advantage with three to five years of work experience in-house in a multinational company
- Experienced in drafting and reviewing general commercial contracts and dealing with government and regulatory authorities
- Working knowledge of commercial law, company law and competition law and understands consumer protection, data privacy, real estate with an awareness of legal and commercial risks and the ability to establish means for managing such risks consistent with business objectives, and sound judgement when balancing such risks against the business benefits
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with effective negotiation skills and able to adapt to various communication styles to multi-level stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, lead direct commercial/corporate negotiations with internal and external stakeholders and counterparts, and the ability to multitask
- Good business acumen with an acute understanding of the business needs
- The motivation to involve and engage stakeholders through knowledge sharing and providing recommendations to improve work processes and practices
- Detail-oriented with a focus on delivering work of high quality and accuracy
- Able to manage projects independently with minimum supervision and work under pressure
This organisation needs no introduction as a globally recognised and respected brand that is constantly breaking new ground. It envisages its employees to be self-motivated and independent with strong drive, inquisitive, commercially astute and aspires to be a natural business partner.
This Legal Manager role is for you if you are hands-on, practical and solution driven with the ability to influence, implement, and execute identified opportunities as well as confident in managing and resolving difficult situations to improve stakeholder experience.
Click apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 August 2022A Senior Manager, Legal & Corporate Affairs job has become available at a leading property development company to support its growing legal division.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 July 2022An established and reputable public listed company is now seeking a high-calibre Senior Manager, Legal to join its legal department at the group level due to rapid expansion of the group and the legal team. This Senior Manager, Legal will report to the Head of Legal and be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 June 2022Due to rapid expansion, a renowned multinational e-commerce/technology company is currently looking for a high-calibre candidate to take on a Legal Counsel job in their legal team to be based in Kuala Lumpur. This role reports to the General Counsel, Singapore.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 July 2022The automotive arm of a local conglomerate in the retail, distribution and assembly business is recruiting for an Assistant Manager - Legal job to ensure that legal rights of the business units are protected, liability and risk exposure limited, and laws and regulations complied with.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 June 2022An exciting Legal Counsel job has opened up at an award-winning and fast-growing company which renders transformative digital CX solutions that enable world-leading and disruptive brands to acquire new customers, build customer loyalty, and protect their online communities.