Associate Senior Counsel
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 1829810/001
Date posted 20 July 2022kuala-lumpur legal/commercial-law 2022-07-20 2022-09-18 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading global industrial gases and engineering company is seeking an Associate Senior Counsel. In this job, you will support the company’s business activities in the SEA region from a legal, corporate secretarial and compliance perspective.
About the Associate Senior Counsel Role:
Reporting to the Head of Legal, this Associate Senior Counsel role will have exposure to regional matters and be the key point of contact for the management and the business.
- Manage both routine and complex legal matters and transactions
- Negotiate, draft and advise on agreements related to the business for example on gases supply contracts, tenders, supply management and procurement (including equipment, utilities and feedstock), product swaps, marketing support, agency and distribution contracts, product liability, real estate transactions (including tenancies and sale and purchase), joint ventures and other corporate agreements
- Work and support project development, documentation, negotiation and commercialisation of OPD (Opportunities, Projects and Development) projects within SEA
- Support and contribute to legal initiatives (e.g. risk management, training, standard contracts review, etc.)
- Support compliance functions on matters related to competition law, Code of Ethics, trade and data protection, litigation, M&A, employment law and safety
- Supervise corporate secretarial related matters together with the Company Secretary including but not limited to attending Board of Directors’ meeting, preparing Directors’ Circular Resolutions, reviewing minutes of Board of Directors’ meeting, reviewing statutory forms to ensure compliance with the Companies Act or any applicable regulations and liaising with Companies Commission of Malaysia (CCM) on any queries from CCM
- Support and contribute to legal management initiatives (not related to specific transactions) as assigned, including risk management, legal awareness training, legal audits, standard contracts review, amongst others
- Assist with management and administrative functions including updating and monitoring of Legal Documentation and Trademark and Patent databases for Linde Malaysia’s entities
- Manage all commercial litigation cases and legal disputes for Malaysia
To succeed in this role, you will need to have strong legal, analytical, communication and presentation skills and be able to understand the business, its strategies, its people and its organisational structures, and to leverage that understanding to balance risks against business benefits.
- Degree in Law from a recognised university and admitted to the bar in Malaysia or any other equivalent jurisdiction
- Post-qualification experience of five to seven years in a reputable law firm or as in-house counsel
- Experience in relevant areas such as commercial transactions, projects, corporate matters, etc.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Malay and such local languages as may be necessary (including legal language and terminology)
- Ability and commitment to travel within and, at times on short notice, outside Malaysia
With years of experience within the chemical industry, this company combines local knowledge with global expertise and resources in the areas of technology, research & development, and engineering.
This Associate Senior Counsel role is for you if you are someone who is able to work collaboratively and communicate well with others, able to identify identifying legal and commercial risks and possess the ability to strike a balance between the two with appropriate mitigation measures.
Apply now or email your CV to email@example.com today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 10 August 2022This leading financial institution is currently recruiting for a Head, Company Secretary.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 August 2022A leading digital telco and IT infrastructure company is currently seeking a high-calibre candidate to take one a Senior Corporate Counsel job to join its legal department. This role reports to the General Counsel and will be based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 August 2022Due to ongoing and excellent success and development in Malaysia, this established and award-winning property development company is currently recruiting a high-calibre Legal Manager (Litigation). In this job, you will join their legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 01 August 2022Due to on-going and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is looking for a high-calibre for an General Counsel (Investigations, Principal) job to lead medical fraud investigations.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 July 2022One of the largest plantation and agri-business arms where the organisation is involved in oil palm cultivation and downstream activities, food, as well as research and development is now seeking a Senior Manager, Legal. In this job, you will continue to meet and exceed the demands and expectations of the group’s growing business.