Assistant Manager - Legal
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 1825890/001
Date posted 08 July 2022kuala-lumpur legal/commercial-law 2022-07-14 2022-09-06 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The automotive arm of a local conglomerate in the retail, distribution and assembly business is recruiting for an Assistant Manager - Legal job to ensure that legal rights of the business units are protected, liability and risk exposure limited, and laws and regulations complied with.
About the Assistant Manager - Legal Role:
This role requires you to be adept in problem solving and provide legal support to business units in relation to operational agreements, customer complaints, and litigation matters to assist in the decision making of the business units.
- Draft/review agreements to ensure that legal rights and interests are protected and/or enforced and to minimise any legal risks or breaches of law/contract
- Draft/review replies to customer complaints or legal letters
- Manage disputes with external legal counsel(s) which includes assisting in the preparation of the necessary court documents such as drafting and reviewing pleadings and witness statements, compiling bundle of documents, and any other related court documents
- Update the status of disputes in the litigation database set up by the group legal
- Prepare bi-weekly updates of legal matters for the Head of Legal
- Guide a legal executive in legal matters, review the drafting work and provide amendments and/or comments
To succeed in this Assistant Manager - Legal role assisting the Head of Legal in delegated matters, you must be critical and able to identify and highlight legal issues in agreements, correspondence, litigation or tribunal documents and its implications to the business units for their consideration and decision.
- Degree in Law – LLB (Hons)
- Certificate in Legal Practice and admitted to the Malaysian Bar
- Minimum of five years' post qualification experience as a legal associate
- Experience drafting/reviewing any type of operational agreements and agreements on tenancy, supply, services, and confidentiality/non-disclosure
- Experience in dispute resolution and drafting/reviewing litigation documents filed in court, including defence statements in consumer tribunals
- Experience in guiding junior associates and able to guide a legal executive
- Excellent work ethics such as independence in drafting and reviewing agreements/correspondence with minimal supervision, have strong attention to detail, meticulous, and able to go the extra mile in terms of workload and deliver in tight deadlines
- Sound knowledge in Malaysian laws and well versed with statutory requirements and legislations
- Excellent skills in MS Office Packages
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia and have good communication skills
This conglomerate has a strong history and is dominating the current automotive market. They have maintained as a top competitor in the industry over the years with an open culture, ambition and develops and trains their people to the highest standards.
This Assistant Manager - Legal is the role for you if you aspire to have good exposure to a variety of legal issues, career progression and a stable growth environment.
Click apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 August 2022A Legal Associate (M&A) job has become available at a reputable law firm in Kuala Lumpur, due to significant growth over the years.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 August 2022A Senior Manager, Legal & Corporate Affairs job has become available at a leading property development company to support its growing legal division.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 July 2022One of the leading clothing designers, manufacturers, and retailers of casual, sports and formal apparels and outfit is seeking a high-calibre Legal Manager. In this job, you will be part of the dynamic organisation that drives its specialisation across the globe.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 July 2022An established and reputable public listed company is now seeking a high-calibre Senior Manager, Legal to join its legal department at the group level due to rapid expansion of the group and the legal team. This Senior Manager, Legal will report to the Head of Legal and be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 June 2022Due to rapid expansion, a renowned multinational e-commerce/technology company is currently looking for a high-calibre candidate to take on a Legal Counsel job in their legal team to be based in Kuala Lumpur. This role reports to the General Counsel, Singapore.