General Counsel, Legal
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Lindy Ho
Job Ref 1812910/001
Date posted 07 June 2022kuala-lumpur legal/commercial-law 2022-06-16 2022-08-06 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Malaysian conglomerate with diverse business interests from resource management to oil palm plantation, property development and automotive business in various countries globally is now seeking a high-calibre General Counsel, Legal. In this job, you will lead the group in its next phase of growth.
About this General Counsel, Legal Role:
Reporting to the COO and CFO, you are required to render legal support to the group as well as provide commercial and general corporate legal and transactional advice, as and when required.
- Work with internal clients to draft, review and negotiate customer, vendor and other contracts as necessary with counterparties (both locally and internationally)
- Undertake contract reviews and drafting new contracts and render legal advice and support to the group on all contractual issues, especially in relation to mergers and acquisitions and takeovers (this includes cross border transactions, acquisition and disposal of assets and businesses, domestic and overseas joint ventures/collaborations)
- identify and minimise legal risks and exposure to disputes and liabilities involving the group as well as prepare legal reporting to the management/monitor risk and compliance issues arising therefrom
- Instruct external legal counsel in order to maximise the effectiveness of their engagement so that solutions-oriented advice/opinion is rendered
To succeed in this General Counsel, Legal role, you would need to have at least 10 years of corporate/commercial experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Law (LLB) from an established university
- Must have experience working at either a large international law firm or in-house legal department at an established organisation
- Strong expertise in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for commercial transactions. Candidates with strong M&A, JV, divestments, corporate finance and exposure to land/litigation matters will be viewed favourably
- Adept at legal research, analysis and problem solving
- Ability to work independently and autonomously with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel as and when required
Since its inception, this established organisation has seen unprecedented growth and has become one of the leading investment holding companies within the region. This global business has created a highly profitable business since its inception and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting General Counsel, Legal job.
Feel free to contact email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 June 2022One of the region’s well-established insurance provider which provides a wide range of insurance products and services including personal automobile, home owner, property, general liability and reinsurance is currently seeking a high-calibre Head, Legal & Co Sec. In this job, you will join its dynamic office based in the city centre of Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 June 2022Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is looking for a high-calibre and talented candidate to take on a Senior Manager, Legal job in their legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 June 2022An exciting Legal Manager job has just become available at one of the leading international tobacco companies based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 May 2022This fully-licensed banking financial institution is seeking a reliable and dedicated Deputy Head, Company Secretary. In this job, you will support and lead the team in corporate services and corporate governance functions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 June 2022This fully-licensed banking financial institution is seeking a reliable and dedicated Deputy Head, Company Secretary. In this job, you will support and lead the team in corporate services and corporate governance functions.