Legal Counsel (IP)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Lindy Ho
Date posted 11 October 20192019-10-11 2019-12-10 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This well recognised group offers a fast and secure online shopping experience with a broad product range to its consumers worldwide. As a result of ongoing and continued successes internationally and expansion development plans in Malaysia, this e-commerce group is now seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial and broad-minded Legal Counsel (IP) to join the team.
About the Legal Counsel (IP) Role:
Reporting to the Head, Legal, you will lead the business in its next phase of growth.
- Advising on the structuring and implementation of a broad range of e-commerce solutions, conducting related legal research, and following up with solutions proposal and implementation
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a range of contracts, including customer facing terms, marketing and technology agreements, supply and service agreements, and intellectual property licensing agreements
- Providing day-to-day legal support on operational matters, including advising and responding on issues relating to intellectual property, consumer protection, data privacy, regulatory matters, IT security, payments, counterparty disputes, HR matters, etc.
- Assisting with operating license applications and regulatory filings, and in dealing with regulators
- Supporting the implementation of group-wide legal compliance programmes, policies, procedures and guidelines
- All other relevant in-house legal department work
To succeed in this Legal Counsel (IP) role, you must have at least five years of PQE garnered from a reputable firm or in-house setting.
- Innovative, with the ability to come up with solutions that are both legally strong and commercially practical in a fast-evolving, dynamic and complex industry
- A business collaborator with strong project management and people skills
- Excellent knowledge of the law, and strong drafting and communication skills
- Experience in trade, corporate/commercial, TMT, IP, data privacy, M&A, and/or consumer protection related issues is viewed favourably
- Ability to thrive in a fast-evolving and ambitious organisation
This leading e-commerce company has an outstanding reputation in its field in various regions. The scope of the offer, size of the business, and the freedom and autonomy to build up your career, all add up to a great place to work.
If you are driven with a can-do attitude, this Legal Counsel (IP) job is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly innovating and improvising its business functions.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C