Compliance Manager, Corporate Secretarial
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Tracy Tan
Date posted 24 September 20192019-09-24 2019-11-23 legal Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An excellent Compliance Manager, Corporate Secretarial job has just become available at a prestigious investment holdings firm based in the heart of Kuala Lumpur city centre.
About the Compliance Manager, Corporate Secretarial Role:
Reporting to the Company Secretary, your main responsibilities are formulating policies, procedures and governance measures in accordance with best practices, compliance checklists, project implementation schedules and other corporate assignments to ensure compliance with domestic and international laws and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance by companies/directors/board/shareholders under the assigned portfolio in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Acts of relevant jurisdictions of the companies, the Bursa Securities Listing Requirements, the Securities Commission’s Policies and Guidelines on Issue/Offer of Securities and Rules of the Bursa Malaysia Central Depository Sdn Bhd
- Planning and implementing corporate/statutory transactions, corporate decisions and exercises within prescribed deadlines which include review of corporate proposals, corporate information, agreements, correspondence, memorandums and related documents and assist in identifying the relevant legal, statutory, regulatory and other compliance issues and resolving issues and offer possible solutions
- Liaising, coordinating and monitoring services provided by external legal parties (external counsels, investment bankers and regulators, etc.) to implement and execute transactions
- Reviewing corporate proposals, draft audited financial statements including quarterly unaudited results and the announcements thereto and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and their timely dissemination upon board approval
- Assisting in formulating or updating policies, procedures, rules, systems or controls for the proper and efficient functioning of the department which includes identifying work progress that can be simplified, enhanced or automated and evaluating proposals for implementation of any software system for the department
To succeed in this role, you should possess high maturity levels as well as temperance and have the ability to work independently.
- LL.B holder with a minimum of five years of PQE, either in a reputable legal firm or established financial/commercial organisation and/or licensed company secretarial qualifications
- Good working knowledge in the application of the Companies Act, Bursa Malaysia Listing Requirements, SC and FIC Guidelines, other relevant corporate and securities legislation
- Exposure to large corporate transactions and knowledge of regional company laws is an added advantage
- Possess a strong command of the English language (written and spoken) and must be an effective communicator
This leading investment holdings firm has an outstanding national reputation in its field and possesses strong and respectable values within the industry. The business succeeds because of its consistent high commitment levels, fortitude in the face of obstacles and frustrations as well as a positive outlook in the face of potential adversity.
If you are a focused and accountable legal/compliance/corporate secretarial professional, this Compliance Manager, Corporate Secretarial role is a great opportunity to work with a leading institution that is constantly expanding and growing.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C