Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Tracy Tan
Date posted 24 July 20192019-07-24 2019-09-22 legal Asia > Malaysia > Petaling Jaya MY MYR 108000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This Legal Counsel role is a great job opportunity for a mid-level legal professional in private practice, ideally in a corporate or commercial department, or already in-house, to use their knowledge and experience in a broad and varied in-house role presenting a wide range of challenges in an MNC environment.
About this Legal Counsel Role:
In this legal function which is seen as a real partner to the global procurement team, this is a great chance to gain exposure to practical challenges requiring both legal knowledge and commercial acumen. You will report to the Legal Counsel based in Amsterdam in support of all global procurement activities.
- Drafting, negotiating and supporting various procurement agreements (production and non-production spend procurement agreements, including outsourcing, manufacturing, services, logistics, IT, media agreements) and other commercial agreements (including IP, confidentiality, joint development agreements), mostly in terms of English Law
- Supporting large scale procurement/commercial activities and agreements
- Providing legal advice (including contract law, competition law, etc.) on complex international commercial transactions
- Close collaboration with the procurement legal team (based in Amsterdam), global procurement team and other members of the RB group legal team (including group compliance and CDO legal, etc.)
To succeed in the Legal Counsel role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with various commercial and business departments within the organisation, across borders and internal matrix.
- UK law degree and admission as a lawyer/solicitor in the UK (or similar common law jurisdiction)
- Four to six years' post-qualification work experience in an international environment in private practice at a prominent law firm and/or as an in-house lawyer at a leading international business
- Experience in drafting intellectual property (joint development, ideation, licensing agreements, etc.), procurement (production and non-production spend agreements) and other commercial agreements;
- Excellent communication skills: written and spoken
- Advanced computer skills: experience with management software; understanding of information systems
The successful Legal Counsel will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment with outstanding career progression opportunities.
If you enjoy working in fast-paced environment where constant change and development abounds, this is the role for you. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply now or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C