Salary Market aligned
Consultant Lindy Ho
Date posted 22 June 20192019-06-24 2019-08-21 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 156000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the region's leading conglomerate is now seeking to hire a high calibre Legal Manager to join its fast growing team.
About this Legal Manager role:
Reporting to the General Counsel, Legal, you are required to render legal support to the group as well as providing commercial and general corporate legal and transactional advice, as and when required.
- Work with internal clients to draft, review and negotiate customer, vendor and other contracts as necessary with counterparties (both locally and internationally)
- Undertake contract reviews and drafting new contracts and render legal advice and support to the group on all contractual issues, especially in relation to mergers and acquisitions and takeovers (this includes cross border transactions, acquisition and disposal of assets and businesses, domestic and overseas joint ventures / collaborations)
- identify and minimise legal risks and exposure to disputes and liabilities involving the Group as well as preparing legal reporting to the management / monitoring risk and compliance issues arising therefrom
- instruct external legal counsel in order to maximise the effectiveness of their engagement so that solutions oriented advice / opinion is rendered
- Bachelor's degree in Law (LLB) from an established university
- Minimum six years of PQE and must have experience working at either a large international law firm or in-house legal department
- Strong expertise in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for commercial transactions. Candidates with strong M&A, JV, divestments, corporate finance and exposure to land/litigation matters will be viewed favourably
- Adept at legal research, analysis and problem solving
- Ability to work independently and autonomously with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel as and when required
Since its inception, this established organisation has seen unprecedented growth and has become one of the leading investment holding company within the region. This global business has created a highly-profitable business since its inception and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal Manager job.
Feel free to contact email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C