Legal Counsel (Private & Confidential)
Salary Market aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Tracy Tan
Date posted 30 May 20192019-05-30 2019-07-29 legal Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 180000 252000 252000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A world-leading FMCG manufacturer is recruiting for a Legal Counsel in Malaysia to join their team. Your main responsibility is to manage a large, complex business unit in a fast-paced industry driven by consumer behaviour.
About this Legal Counsel role:
This is a great opportunity for the Legal Counsel to set up processes and systems to track and monitor all contracts and contractual risks, advise / recommend solutions to minimise and protect the company’s interest; support business in contracts negotiation and perform ad-hoc litigation work and corporate secretarial duties.
- Review, prepare and negotiate contracts relating to general commercial, intellectual property, corporate and property related matters
- Review and provide legal advice on all aspects of business and operational processes and functions
- Manage and review legal matters handled by external counsels as well as supervising corporate secretarial responsibilities
- Address legal risks, provide regulatory advice and support, and perform due diligence and liaising with parties concerned
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; i.e. compliance with legal regulations
The successful Legal Counsel must possess strong leadership and management skills as well as be able to work with different levels of people across various business matrices.
- Minimum 15 years of experience as an in-house corporate legal counsel or practising lawyers with similar years of PQE
- Conversant with legal practice and in-house corporate work in MNC environment
- Exposure to FMCG industry is highly preferred
- Familiarity with contracts law, IR / employment law, IP law and companies law is preferred
- Strong business acumen and solid commercial awareness
- Possesses a keen attention to details, good organisational ability and proven performance in problem-solving
This award-winning retail / manufacturing multinational needs no introduction and is anything but traditional. The business succeeds on the speed of its innovation and there are great opportunities to develop in this dynamic company.
If you are a focused legal professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly on the forefront in its key markets.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com today to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C