Legal Counsel (Band G)
Consultant Lindy Ho
Date posted 12 May 20192019-05-23 2019-07-11 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
As a result of ongoing and continued successes within the Kuala Lumpur office, an established financial institution is recruiting a Legal Counsel to join their group.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
In this business-critical role, you will play a critical role in providing the direction to all things legal-related, including drafting agreements, providing advice, mitigating risk as well as ensuring all related matters are in compliance with the legal requirements. Reporting to the Head, Commercial Banking, you will take the lead providing direction in all legal-related activities including the management of stakeholders’ expectations and rendering legal advice, guidance and support in assigned areas to ensure that the Group’s exposure to legal risk is mitigated.
- Provide accurate and timely legal advisory services. This includes advisory, drafting and vetting of non-standardised/specimen documents related to primarily regional business and other corporate related matters
- Monitoring and management of litigation files
- Preparing legal updates on case law/new legislation to the management and the board
- Handling group-wide projects including review of existing standard/specimen documents, straight-through-processes for various business lines and digital banking matters
To succeed in this role, you must possess at least 7-10 years of post qualifying experience.
- Degree in Law from a reputable university
- Well-versed in commercial, banking and finance/IT law. Candidates who are keen and have garnered experience within the digital banking sphere will be viewed favourably
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Possesses good work ethics, responsible, reliable and committed to deliver quality work within stipulated timelines
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
This financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and international coverage, they have won numerous awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The financial institution places a high priority on developing their people to world class standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal Counsel role.
Apply today at email@example.com or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C