Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Tracy Tan
Date posted 15 April 20192019-04-15 2019-06-14 legal Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 108000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
This is a great job opportunity for a mid-level legal professional in private practice, ideally in a corporate or commercial department, or already in-house, to use their knowledge and experience in a broad and varied in-house role looking to take on a leadership/managerial role.
About this Legal Manager Role:
You will be expected to be a partner to the business and support all legal needs for the firm.
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting all types of contracts and legal documents, including tenancy agreements, trade terms, distribution agreements, supply of goods & services agreements etc.
- Advising the operational and functional departments in all areas of law (advertising, commercial, competition, corporate, IT, IP, data privacy, employment and property)
- Implementing the Legal & Corporate Governance Strategy and aligning the department goals to that of the overall Group Strategy in view of the Company’s policies and legal framework to safeguard and manage the company’s legal and business risk
- Assisting in all company secretarial mattes and be the liaison officer to the Corporate Company Secretary, Panel Lawyer, Companies Commission of Malaysia and other regulatory bodies governing aspects of Corporate Governance
- Coordinating, briefing and discussing with external counsels with regards to litigation management and negotiation of fee structures
To succeed in the Legal Manager role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-cooperatively with various commercial and business departments within the organisation, across borders and internal matrix.
- Possess a Bachelor of Laws degree and minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Must be able to work proactively with different stakeholders & initiate solutions
- Well-organised, meticulous, attention to detail and able to multitask
- Excellent knowledge of Corporate Law, PDPA Act, Employment Act and corporate exercise procedures and practices
- Strategic thinker with ability to move effortlessly between strategy, implementation and tactical opportunities
- Ability to rapidly digest and distil complex issues and formulate strategy / responses
The successful Legal Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment and a strong collegiate culture within the organisation. This is a great chance to gain exposure to practical challenges requiring both legal knowledge and commercial acumen.
If you enjoy working in fast-paced environment where constant change and development abounds, this is the role for you. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an established brand name that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply now or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C