Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Tracy Tan
Date posted 06 November 2018 2018-11-062019-01-05 legal Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This is a great opportunity for a mid-level legal professional in private practice, ideally in a corporate or commercial department, or already in-house, to use their knowledge and experience in a broad and varied in-house role presenting a wide range of challenges in an MNC environment.
About this Legal Counsel Role
In this legal function which is seen as a real partner to the business, this is a great chance to gain exposure to practical challenges requiring both legal knowledge and commercial acumen. You will report to the General Counsel and will have the chance to travel for overseas assignments.
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting all types of contracts and legal documents, including tenancy agreements, trade terms, distribution agreements, supply of goods & services agreements etc.
- Advising the operational and functional departments in all areas of law (advertising, commercial, competition, corporate, IT, IP, data privacy, employment and property)
- Increasing operational and functional department's awareness of best practices and policies
- Training the operational and functional departments on relevant aspects of law
- Providing legal monitoring and optimising legal security/compliance: reporting legal documents and litigation, compulsory standards, and develop new processes to secure operations and ensure compliance
To succeed in the Legal Counsel role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with various commercial and business departments within the organisation, across borders and internal matrix.
- Possess a Bachelor of Laws degree and minimum four years of relevant experience
- Must be able to work proactively with different stakeholders & initiate solutions
- Strong awareness of online / digital business trends and the ability to effectively clarify processes with stakeholders
- Excellent communication (written and spoken), negotiation and presentational skills
- Strategic thinker with ability to move effortlessly between strategy, implementation and tactical opportunities
- Ability to rapidly digest and distil complex issues and formulate strategy / responses
The successful Legal Counsel will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment with outstanding career progression opportunities.
If you enjoy working in fast-paced environment where constant change and development abounds, this is the role for you. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125