Head, Legal & Corporate Affairs
Consultant Lindy Ho
Date posted 30 July 2018 2018-07-302018-09-25 legal Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Head, Legal & Corporate Affairs job has just become available at one of the most established investment holding companies based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About the Head, Legal & Corporate Affairs Role:
Reporting directly to the Chairman / CEO, your main responsibility is to support a large, complex, and regional business remit. In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for defining the broad business development strategy as well as rendering legal advice and support to the company.
- Review, draft and negotiate various types of agreements including agreements relating to the acquisition, licensing and agreements relating to the various businesses of the company
- Manage litigation including coordinating, liaising, strategising and working with the external counsel on litigation matters
- Provide legal advice to the various company divisions on a range of matters including contract law, company law and intellectual property law
- Provide legal advice and ensure compliance with the provisions of the Companies Act and any other legislation relevant to the business operations of the company
To succeed in this Head, Legal & Corporate Affairs role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with senior management teams, across borders and internal matrix. You will also possess strong analytical skills, excellent managerial and organisational skills.
- Possess a bachelor's degree, post-graduate diploma, professional degree or master's degree in Law or equivalent and called to the Malaysian Bar
- Ability to develop overall business strategy and plans
- At least six to eight years' legal practice experience in a law firm or equivalent
- Strong corporate / M&A experience is preferred
- Thrives under pressure and enjoys working in a dynamic environment
- A global perspective, with sensitivity to multiple and diverse cultures
This organisation is much more than an investment holding company and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, size of the business, freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive leader with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. You will be a part of a forward thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply now to email@example.com to discuss this opportunity further.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125