Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Tracy Tan
Date posted 26 June 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A world-leading tobacco corporation is recruiting for a Legal Counsel in Malaysia to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for counselling other business functions in the Company in all legal matters, participating in cross functional projects and initiatives as well as improving effectiveness of regulatory management processes and synergies.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Legal Counsel will play a key role in the Legal team’s continued development and success in its current Kuala Lumpur office.
- Drafting business related agreements and compiling relevant templates to ensure the Group’s interests are adequately protected (e.g. retailer’s agreements, service level agreements, warehousing agreements, royalty agreements, entertainment outlet agreements and etc.)
- Planning and coordinating the preparation of the Company’s annual report as well as drafting the minutes of committee meetings and AGMs
- Managing and overseeing the development, implementation and monitoring the Records Management Programme
- Ensuring the protection of all the Group’s trademark against infringement and registered marks records are accurate and up to date
- Assisting the Legal team in ensuring all employees understand legal requirements and standards of the Group
This successful candidate must be an LL.B holder and possesses at least 7 years of PQE and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Ability to bring expert advice and problem-solving skills as well as good commercial sense to the business functions.
- Possesses strong legal writing, drafting and communication skills
- Candidates must either come from a background of either private practice and/or in-house corporate
- A team-player that can work cohesively with peers and senior management
- Ability to handle matters on an independent basis and work under pressure
- Proactive, organised, resourceful and cost-conscious
The successful Legal Counsel will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in brand new offices.
If you are a progressive and driven Legal Counsel with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly innovating and diversifying its various business functions.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125