Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Tracy Tan
Date posted 30 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting SM, Legal role has just become available in the nation’s top MNC brewery with 57% of the market share under their belt. Reporting directly to the Legal Director, this is a role for someone looking to transition in-house after having spent some years in private practice
About the SM, Legal Role
In this business critical role, you be responsible for providing additional legal support to the business functions on debt recovery matters and reducing reliance on external counsel. Your day-to-day will consists of reporting any suspected violations to the Company’s intellectual property rights, risk reporting and mitigation, disseminating the code of business conduct to all parties involved as well as ensuring and securing the Company’s assets and opportunities.
- Provide legal support for Commercial Finance Team and Sales & Marketing Department in an accurate and timely manner
- Formulating appropriate legal policies to provide a clear, consistent and effective approach to common legal issues encountered by the commercial team
- Preventing and/or solving disputes and ensures that litigation if necessary, is conducted in accordance with internal guidelines
- Reviewing compliance framework to ensure that business is conducted with integrity, all employees and management are adequately informed as to compliance obligations and to monitor extent of compliance by the Company
- Representing the Company in national and international contracts negotiations with external parties and appointing external counsels whenever the need arises
- Providing legal advisory services to achieve strategic and operational objectives of the Company and performing legal audit within the Company
The successful SM, Legal will be focused, driven, able to multi-task and possess strong communication skills
- LL.B degree holder with minimum 8-12 years of PQE in handling general commercial matters and a background in litigation is preferred
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced professional environment with high stress tolerance
- Articulate, analytical with strong administrative and time management skills
- Mature, independent, resourceful and able to work with minimal supervision
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
This international brewery needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. With a strong brand name and great market traction, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards and benefits are significant. The Company is also very focused on developing and training their new people to the highest standard.
If you are a progressive legal practitioner/in-house counsel with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly striving for excellence and integrity.
Apply now or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125