SAVP, Legal (Content)
Consultant Lindy Ho
Date posted 23 February 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting SAVP, Legal (Content) job in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia has just become available at one of the most established media company based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the GC, Legal, your main responsibility is to support a large, complex business unit.
About the SAVP, Legal (Content) Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for defining the broad business development strategy as well as render legal advice and support to the organisation.
- Review, draft and negotiate various types of agreements including agreements relating to the acquisition, licensing and production of content, agreements relating to the acquisition and licensing of software and hardware, agreements relating to the development of software and related services and agreements relating to the various businesses of the Group.
- Manage litigation including coordinating, liaising, strategizing and working with the external counsel on litigation matters.
- Provide legal advice to the various divisions in the Company on a range of matters including contract law, company law and intellectual property law.
- Provide legal advice and ensure compliance with the provisions of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 and any other legislation relevant to the business operations of the Company
To succeed in this SAVP, Legal (Content) role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree or Master's Degree in Law or equivalent and called to the Malaysian Bar
- Excellent understanding of contract law
- At least 10 years' legal practice experience in a legal firm or equivalent (strong experience in drafting of contracts in the field of Information Technology related work or Corporate related work or Intellectual Property related work)
- Strong analytical skills, excellent managerial and organisational skills
- Thrives under pressure and enjoys dynamic environment
- Ability to negotiate contracts and find solutions in deadlocks
- Excellent communication skills as well as drafting and legal skills
This award-winning organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting SAVP, Legal (Content) job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125