Consultant Lindy Ho
Date posted 05 February 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Legal Counsel job in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia has just arisen at an established investment holding company.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, you will play a pivotal role in the legal team’s continued development and success in its Kuala Lumpur office.
- Plan and direct all aspects of the global organisation's legal affairs, ensuring maximum protection of its legal rights and overseeing the operations (both locally and internationally)
- Render legal expertise, advice and opinions in all areas of global business activities where needed to the legal advisors within the group's countries of operation
- Overall control on the organisation of corporate issues done at the country level as well as marketing activities support to insure common rules over examining advertisements and public campaigns in order to ensure that businesses in the countries do not trigger any legal repercussion
- Render advice and oversee the group's compliance with and resolution of claims, settlements, dispute resolution, customer protection law, data privacy and copyright matters amongst other ancillary matters
To succeed in this Legal Counsel job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with both the internal and external stakeholders, across borders and internal matrix.
- Law degree from a recognised university or from an accredited law institution
- Minimum five years' post qualification experience
- General corporate/commercial experience or from private practice will be viewed favorably
- Proficiency in Mandarin will be an advantage, as liaison with Mandarin-speaking counterparts may be needed
- Excellent problem-solving, leadership and management skills
- A global perspective, with sensitivity to multiple and diverse cultures and ability to work in a thriving organisation
Since its inception, this established organisation has seen unprecedented growth and has become a leading platform for online and mobile entertainment and communication across Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong, serving millions of users. This global business has created a highly-profitable business since its inception and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal Counsel job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125