Consultant Lindy Ho
Date posted 17 October 2016
An exciting Legal Director job has just become available at one of the world's renowned chain restaurant, as it's currently expanding its operations through new projects and acquisitions.
About the Legal Director role:
Reporting to the Managing Director in Malaysia, you will play a key role in providing strategic and tactical direction and support its business operations on all aspects of corporate governance and legal matters. You will also be responsible for defining the broad business development strategy, delivering the highest quality service alongside other directors from other regions.
- provide accurate, well researched and timely counsel to the Management and various internal departments on variety of topics, in particular – real properties (sale & purchase, tenancies, leases, licenses etc.), franchising, marketing, intellectual properties, supply chain, torts, licenses, regulations (particularly concerning food, real estate, franchising) amongst other ancillary matters
- handle matters including complex matters, and you will be dealing with multiple stakeholders including the authorities
- as a member of the Leadership team, you will be involved in matters outside Legal Department’s purview and you are expected to contribute to the Management meetings and operational matters (as and when required)
- support new franchising and development initiatives including due diligence reviews, negotiation of transaction and drafting/execution of deal documentation
- manage the in-house legal department including departmental budget, ensuring professional development, objective setting and performance reviews and management
To succeed in this Legal Director job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- at least 8-12 years legal experience, preferably a combination of BOTH law firm and in-house roles
- generalist with a broad based of commercial and corporate experience who is familiar with operating in an in-house environment
- candidates with experience in the retail, FMCG, franchising and MNC experience will be viewed favourably
- must have solid legal knowledge, good litigation experience as well as strong drafting skill and good knowledge on conveyancing process
- superior communication skills
- able to work independently and effectively across all levels of an organisation
- business orientated, ability to proactively engage with business to find practical solutions and partner with them to implement desired actions
This leading company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal Director job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125