Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 7LJYTK-D9FF0BE1
Date posted 24 May 2023kuala-lumpur legal/banking-finance 2023-05-24 2023-07-23 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An industry leading company spearheading credit financing services is recruiting for a Company Secretary job to manage corporate secretarial responsibilities within the organisation.
About the Company Secretary Role:
Your role will be to provide in-house secretarial services in managing and administering secretarial practices and corporate secretarial requirements.
- Assist on coordination and handling of board and board oversight committees meetings and management and sub-management committees meetings
- Assist in ensuring effective communication and coordination on all matters pertaining to the Board and its members
- Prepare pre and post meetings, general meetings and internal management meetings
- Prepare the relevant minutes of meetings, circular resolutions and board meeting papers on corporate governance and secretarial matters
- Advise on corporate governance matters and ensure compliance with related laws and regulations and the constitution
- Oversee records management filing system/database for company secretarial matters
- Supervise company secretaries within the team to ensure that works are done properly and efficiently within scheduled timelines
- Monitor attendance, performance and discipline of staff and assist in planning and recommending staff development and training requirements
- Attend to ad hoc assignments and assume responsibility of other relevant tasks as assigned from time to time
To succeed in this Company Secretary role, you will need to be professional, analytical, and practical, have clarity of thought, and be persuasive with good interpersonal skills to be able to work co-operatively with the management as well as across departments.
- Minimum eight years' working experience preferably in financial institutions or development financial institutions, or public listed companies
- At least a bachelor’s degree, professional degree or master’s degree in either Law, Corporate Secretarial, Corporate Administration, Corporate Governance or equivalent
- Professional secretarial qualification/license holder ICSA graduate or MAICSA associate, or LS holder is preferred
- Technical knowledge on the relevant statutory laws and company secretarial best practices and guidelines
- Well versed in Companies Act 2016, Financial Services Act 2013, Development Financial Institutions Act 2002, Malaysian Code of Corporate Governance, Bursa Malaysia’s Main Market Listing Requirements and Corporate Governance Guide, Bank Negara Malaysia’s Corporate Governance Policy and other related laws and regulations
- Excellent communication skills with a high degree of integrity and good command of English/Bahasa Malaysia, both verbal and written
This company needs no introduction and is well established in their industry. This financial services company provides support to people and corporations with their noble company mission. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are confident and a self-starter, the potential rewards are significant. The organisation is also very focused on developing their people to the highest standards. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Company Secretary role is for you.
Click Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7056
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 May 2023This subsidiary of a Japanese corporation in the business of tyre and automotive component manufacturing is looking for a Legal Executive to manage legal affairs.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023This company is an American technology and service leader that powers financial markets globally. They help clients anticipate and solve problems, setting the standard with industry expertise, exceptional services and comprehensive technology. They are recrutiing for a an APAC Associate job.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023An international law firm with regional headquarters in Kuala Lumpur is recruiting for an Associate (Corporate) job due to expansion to its corporate division.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023This company in the business of chemical manufacturing, supply and distribution in Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam with continuous expansion and growth plans is recruiting for a Legal Manager job to oversee legal and compliance matters.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 May 2023A Corporate Secretarial Operations Manager job to lead a team in one of the largest corporate secretarial shared service provider in Asia has become available for a professional eager to take on growing and building the business into further success. The scope covers operations, people management, and client relationships.