Manager, Company Secretary
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 1872850/001
Date posted 09 January 2023kuala-lumpur legal/banking-finance 2023-01-09 2023-03-10 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A reputable and well-known international insurance company is currently seeking a high-calibre Manager, Company Secretary. In this job, you will join their legal and corporate services department.
About the Manager, Company Secretary Role:
In this critical role, you will be responsible for assisting the head of department and chief operating officer in facilitating all aspects of corporate secretarial functions and supports the coordination of board/shareholders as well as corporate governance matters and responsibilities.
- Preparing and distributing notices and meeting papers for board, board committees, and shareholder meetings (collectively referred to as “meetings”) within deadlines, attending meetings alongside named Company Secretary as well as ensuring minutes are recorded with the relevant, feedback, dissenting views (if any) and comments of the respective stakeholders are incorporated to ensure the minutes of meeting accurately reflects the discussions and decisions taken during the meetings
- Liaising with named Company Secretary on amongst others, coordinating general meetings, arranging for Directors’ Circular Resolutions, certification of statutory documents, updating and maintaining all relevant statutory records as well as obtaining appropriate response and feedback to specific agenda items and matters arising from previous meetings and draft minutes
- Facilitating the process and maintain proper records regarding the Board and relevant Board Committees on terms of reference, remuneration policy, annual assessment of effectiveness, declaration of compliance/fit and proper/conflict of interest/independence for example, process in relation to changes in shareholders
- Monitoring, assisting and/or handling any changes to the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association, directors’ training programmes, preparation of dividend list of shareholders and dividend warrants and subsequent dispatch to shareholders, preparation for the application for appointment/re-appointment/resignation and termination of directors/signing actuary/external auditor to relevant authorities and update eAPPS accordingly
- Maintaining and/or filing custody and control over the request of the said companies’ statutory documents/records/registers, minutes of meeting into the minutes book within the stipulated time frame as per the legislation
- Acting as a liaison person between the company and external parties including but not limited to external auditors, consultants, and relevant authorities in connection with company secretarial matters as well as administrator role for Kijangnet, specifically eAPPS and BoardPac
- Monitoring and assisting in ensuring compliance with the company’s policies and procedures, guidelines and circulars issued by BNM and PIAM as well as requirements of the FSA 2013 and CA 2016 and any other relevant statutory and legal requirements in relation to Board/Shareholders matters as well as compilation of HYCL (Half-Yearly Checklist), RTP (Risk Treatment Plan) and Disclosure Control for submission
- Reviewing the existing Board TOR to incorporate with FSA 2013, CA 2016, BNM Guidelines, HQ Management Handbook, etc.
To succeed in this Manager, Company Secretary role, you would need to have a minimum of five years' secretarial experience (in financial services industry) and the ability to work independently and effectively.
- ICSA/LS qualified/in the midst of pursuing relevant qualification with a degree in finance, economics or relevant professional qualification
- Good knowledge of the general insurance business, operations and practices, related laws, regulations, and guidelines; good communication (written and spoken), interpersonal, people management, planning and organisational skills
- Proactive and committed to continuous improvements as well as hands-on involvement in key projects and departmental tasks/activities
To succeed in this Manager, Company Secretary role, you will join an organisation whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great opportunity and career progression.
If you have a successful track record of and enjoy working in a team environment, this Manager, Company Secretary job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values progressive mindset.
Click Apply now or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 January 2023A Global Compliance Manager job has become available at an industry leading company in the manufacturing services sector.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 31 January 2023An exciting AVP/VP, Legal job has just become available in one of the nation's premier investment holding company with an outstanding international reputation based in KL. Reporting directly to the SVP/HOD, Legal, this is a role which provides substantial regional and international exposure.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 December 2022This professional services firm in the business of providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions is keen to onboard a Privacy Counsel - Asia Pacific to be part of the Global Privacy Office. In this job, you will provide practical advice on privacy and data protection risks.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 December 2022A Head Secretariat, Insurance job has become available at one of the largest, fully-integrated financial services groups in Malaysia.