Finance & Project - Legal Associate
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Veryne Lim
Job Ref 1881320/001
Date posted 29 December 2022kuala-lumpur legal/banking-finance 2022-12-29 2023-02-27 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Finance & Project - Legal Associate job has become available at an established and renowned law firm in Kuala Lumpur due to ongoing, continued success and significant growth over the years. The Legal Associate will be based in its Kuala Lumpur office and will be working in a team consisting of outstanding partners and associates.
About the Finance & Project - Legal Associate Role:
This is a great opportunity for a junior lawyer looking to gain international and cross-border exposure in their legal career early on and you will be given the opportunity to work with the firm’s best legal practitioners and be an essential part of the firm’s continuous development, growth and success.
- Draft, review and prepare various banking agreements/contracts and participate in negotiation of contracts and other commercial material agreements
- Provide advice on legal and regulatory concerns for issuers and underwriters on all aspects of securities offerings and other capital-raising activities
- Assist in executing public offerings, private placements, stock exchange listings and multi-jurisdictional, multi-language due diligence
- Handle and manage all range of legal work with regards to banking and finance related matters
- Provide extensive consultation, client management and other support to the partner, as and when required
- Render legal and corporate advice and/or consultation to clients by conducting extensive research and keep abreast with all relevant legislations
To succeed in this Finance & Project - Legal Associate role, you must have the tenacity and drive to excel and pursue a long-term career in practice and grow with the firm.
- L.L.B degree holder with a minimum second upper from a well-regarded university and admitted to the Malaysian Bar or its equivalent
- At least one to two years of PQE in banking/project-related work experience. Candidates from top-tier legal firms will be viewed favourably
- Experience in one or more of the following areas will be highly regarded (Islamic finance, debt capital markets, general corporate banking)
- Experience in a private practice in which clients consist of major banks or borrowers
- Familiar with single bank loans and credit facilities (ranging from short-term unsecured facilities to global banking facilities involving multi-jurisdictional collateral), bilateral loans, syndicated loans and participations, and typically comprise term loans, revolving loans, letter of credit facilities and/or bid loan facilities
- Excellent analytical, communication, legal research, drafting and writing skills as well as the ability to identify issues and has sound judgement and commercial sense
- Self-starter, reliable and willing to travel
This is a great opportunity for a junior and/or mid-level lawyer who wants to take his/her career to the next level with a reputable law firm in Malaysia. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom, and the autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Finance & Project - Legal Associate role.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 February 2023A Senior Executive/Assistant Manager - Contracts & Commercial job has become available at an industry-leading company in the property sector.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 January 2023A Senior Executive, Company Secretarial job has become available at an industry-leading company spearheading the telecommunication industry.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 03 January 2023A Senior Executive/Assistant Manager - Contracts & Commercial job has become available at an industry-leading company in the property sector.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 December 2022The firm’s core area of expertise is in construction litigation, and they have been consecutively ranked in Legal 500 Asia Pacific since 2018. They are looking for a passionate and qualified candidate for an Legal Associate, Construction job to contribute to the firm’s strengthening practice.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 December 2022A Legal Associate, Construction Litigation job has become available.