AVP, Corporate Secretarial
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1878170/001
Date posted 25 November 2022kuala-lumpur legal/banking-finance 2022-11-25 2023-01-24 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A well-established and reputable foreign financial institution is seeking a high-calibre AVP, Corporate Secretarial. In this job, you will join their corporate secretarial team in light of expansion plan to be based at their dynamic Kuala Lumpur office.
About the AVP, Corporate Secretarial Role:
Reporting to the Head of Company Secretarial department, you will play a vital role in assisting the head of department in managing and/or handling all range of secretarial matters/tasks relating to the company and its subsidiaries as well as ensuring the continuous excellence of the department.
- Rendering full support to the company secretarial department on various corporate secretarial functions / matters which include but not limited to ensuring smooth flow of department work, compliance with regulatory requirements, managing all meetings (which is specifically handled by the corporate secretarial department) and all meeting-related matters, tracking of meetings’ matters arising, writing of minutes, compiling meeting documentation / papers, preparation of itinerary, registration of and follow-up with relevant parties and secretaries of directors, ensuring effective and efficient document / filing management and protection of internal confidential information etc.
- Preparing and drafting minutes of meetings of the Board of Directors of the bank and its committees, e.g., Risk Management, Nomination and Remuneration Committees, internal meetings such as Management Committee Asset and Liability Management Committee, etc.
- Managing and preparing submission of returns of the Companies Commission of Malaysia pursuant to the Companies Act 2016 and other relevant statutory documents
- Complying with internal (e.g. compliance department) and external (e.g. Bank Negara Malaysia) reporting requirements
- Providing assistance to the head of department in preparing all internal periodic reports and in accomplishing any other tasks assigned from time to time, if any
To succeed in this role, you would need to have a minimum of 8 - 10 years of secretarial experience, able to work effectively and a team player.
- ICSA qualifications and/or licensed secretary holder with relevant experience (financial services). Candidates who are in the midst of pursuing and/or completing any secretarial professional courses are encouraged to apply as well
- In-depth knowledge in statutory requirements, e.g., Companies Act 2016, Bank Negara Malaysia requirements etc.
- Excellent command of English language with strong drafting skills, organisational and planning skills, interpersonal and communication skills, meticulous and reliable in carrying out duties
The successful AVP, Corporate Secretarial will join an organisation whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great opportunity and career progression.
If you have a successful track record of and enjoy working in a team environment, this job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values progressive mindset.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 November 2022An established fund management company is currently recruiting for a Manager/Assistant Manager, Legal and Secretarial job for its Legal and Secretarial Department. This role is based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 October 2022An Associate (Corporate) job has become available at an international law firm with regional headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, due to expansion to its corporate division.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 October 2022An up-and-coming mid-sized law firm is now seeking a high-calibre candidate for a Legal Associate/Partner (Corporate and Commercial) job to join their practice. Due to significant growth achieved since its inception, this mid-sized firm is now looking to grow and strengthen its corporate practice.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 October 2022A law firm with regional headquarters based in Kuala Lumpur is now seeking a Legal Associate/Senior Legal Associate (Dispute Resolution) due to significant expansion to its firm.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 October 2022The automotive arm of a local conglomerate in the retail, distribution and assembly business is looking a Legal Counsel. In this job, you will ensure that legal rights of the business units are protected, liability and risk exposure limited, and laws and regulations complied with.