Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 1875530/001
Date posted 16 November 2022kuala-lumpur legal/banking-finance 2022-11-16 2023-01-15 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Legal Counsel job has become available at a leading international financial institution to support in a strategy role to develop the legal service delivery model and a best-in-class legal operational approach to the team’s global legal activity together with the adoption of legal technology.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
This is an all-rounded role responsible for supporting legal affairs across functions such as strategy, business, processes, people and talent, risk management, governance, and regulatory and business conduct.
- Be the key point of contact and provide legal advice, guidance and support to business units and stakeholders on all legal matters, including intragroup outsourcing and other services, vendor and other third-party contracts, third-party risk management and country legal support
- Engage and maintain close relationships with stakeholders to proactively provide legal advice, guidance, and support on relevant legal and regulatory issues
- Support regulatory remediation and operational transformation initiatives and related change management in respect of processes, policies, standards and contract documentation
- Manage or support disputes, including in respect of disputes in relation to other group entities
- Manage or support cross border investigations and information request orders
- Drive best practices and lessons learned across the network and create and provide training
- Adhere and keep up to date with the group contracts policy, the group’s third-party risk management framework, related policies and standards and the team’s department operating instructions for third-party contracts and keep them under review
- Support continuous improvement initiatives in relation to contract management processes, workflow and other process and legal operations tools as well as contract playbooks, guidance and templates
- Follow frameworks to identify, assess, manage, monitor, mitigate and report legal matters
- Where external counsel is appointed, manage appointments in accordance with the group engaging external counsel policy including ensuring the scope of work is defined and appropriate, overseeing the quality of work and managing external legal costs
- Assist to establish and maintain an appropriate risk-based approach to assessing, measuring, monitoring, managing and reporting legal risks arising from material laws and regulations
- Assist to ensure that any papers being tabled at Board, Court or any other Group or Country governance committees have been reviewed and clearly articulate the risks and issues involved
- Work with regulators (when required to do so) in an open and cooperative manner
To succeed in this role, you must be able to take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) with at least five to eight years of relevant legal experience
- Qualified and/or practice as an advocate and solicitor
- Strong understanding of the operational environment, processes, risk management and controls needed to execute the requirements
- Able to work with senior management to develop and implement approved strategy
- Able to collaborate and work dynamically with country, region, business and group stakeholders
- Able to interact with a culturally diverse team across functions and geographies
- Good commercial judgement with the ability to prioritise an extensive and complex set of issues
- Good teamwork skills, including the ability to work with a management team, to help them support their peers in the business
- Results-oriented mindset
- Exceptional energy and ambition to drive systems, technology and process changes across the team
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with a cross-border team to achieve superior results
This company is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise, and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are pragmatic, creative, practical and solution oriented and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal Counsel role.
Click Apply now or email your CV to email@example.com today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022An exciting Legal and Compliance Manager job has opened up at an F&B venture.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 October 2022One of the leading and reputable conglomerates with diversified business areas and operations is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager, Legal. In this job, you will join their dynamic legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur HQ.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 November 2022A leading and established private equity firm headquartered in Singapore is currently seeking an Associate Director, Legal. In this job, you will join the organisation due to expansion.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 November 2022One of the leading export houses in Malaysia with diversified business areas - manufacturing, trading and marketing of consumer products as well as shipping and logistics services is currently seeking a high-calibre Senior Manager, Legal. In this job, you will join the headquarters based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 November 2022A VP, Legal Counsel (DCM/Derivatives) job has become available, responsible for delivering the highest quality of legal service. You will also play a vital role in providing the direction for all things legal-related, including drafting agreements and rendering legal advice and support to various business units.