Head, Company Secretary
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 1838370/001
Date posted 11 October 2022kuala-lumpur legal/banking-finance 2022-10-11 2022-12-10 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Head, Company Secretary job has become available at a leading financial institution.
About the Head, Company Secretary Role:
In this Head, Company Secretary role based in Kuala Lumpur, you will lead a dynamic secretarial division (commercial banking/Islamic and asset management).
- Provide corporate advisory and secretarial services to the board/board committees
- Render various secretarial support and/or corporate advisory to the board, board committee, etc., which includes but is not limited to attending, preparing and/or managing numerous meetings (e.g. annual general meetings, extraordinary general meetings, group committee meetings, board committee meetings, investment committee meetings, etc.) Draft and review minutes of meetings, circular resolutions, etc.
- Attend meetings via video/teleconferencing for meetings held oversees related to foreign asset management companies and review minutes to be forwarded to overseas entities
- Facilitate and plan efficient organisation and communication of shareholders’ and board of directors’, committee meetings/decisions to relevant parties
- Monitor, handle, and ensure timely submission of statutory forms and documents, especially to regulatory bodies, e.g. Companies Commission of Malaysia, PIDM, Bank Negara as well as the registers are promptly and accurately updated
- Render secretarial support for corporate exercises, handling corporate governance matters and monitoring compliance related matters, e.g. Companies Act, Financial Services Act 2013, Capital Markets and Services Act 2007 and other relevant rules and regulations such as the Main Market Listing Requirements
- Liaise with directors and other divisions and rendering advice on secretarial matters as well as external parties (e.g. auditors, solicitors, shareholders, regulators) in various corporate/due diligence exercises
To succeed in this Head, Company Secretary role, you would need to have a minimum of 10 years secretarial experience, able to work independently and possess a good command of English (excellent English drafting skills in particular).
- ICSA qualification and/or licensed secretary and/or LL.B/relevant degree holder
- Legal exposure will be viewed as an advantage
- In-depth knowledge in statutory requirements, e.g. Companies Act 2016, Main Market Listing Requirements, etc. as well as latest financial regulatory reporting climate
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, interpersonal and communication skills, meticulous and reliable in carrying out duties
The successful Head, Company Secretary will join an organisation whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great opportunity and career progression.
If you have a successful track record of and enjoy working in a team environment, this job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values progressive mindset.
Click Apply now or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 04 November 2022The affiliate of a corporate services firm which is part of an international network and ranked among the world’s top audit, tax and consulting network is seeking a Head, Company Secretary. In this job, you will lead the Malaysian team and grow the business.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 November 2022An exciting Group Corporate Services, Head job has just become available at a global business service provider based in Malaysia. This MSC status organisation is well known for its corporate stability and career progression opportunities and is constantly looking at how work processes can be automated to improve performance, eliminate human errors and most importantly free up manpower for value added work.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 November 2022Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is seeking a high-calibre and talented Senior Manager, Company Secretarial. In this job, you will join their dynamic secretarial team based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022A reputable and well-known international insurance company is currently looking for a high-calibre candidate for a Manager, Company Secretary job in their Legal and Corporate Services department.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022An exciting Legal and Compliance Manager job has opened up at an F&B venture.