Manager/Senior Manager, Company Secretary
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1857800/001
Date posted 03 October 2022kuala-lumpur legal/banking-finance 2022-10-03 2022-12-02 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Manager/Senior Manager, Company Secretary job has just become available at one of the region’s up and rising insurance companies based in Malaysia.
About the Manager/Senior Manager, Company Secretary Role:
In this critical role, the Manager/Senior Manager, Company Secretary will be responsible for assisting the Company Secretary, in organising and managing all range of company secretarial and corporate affairs matters of the company in compliance with the provisions of Companies Act 2016, Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad (Bursa) and Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) as well as ensuring all statutory records are properly maintained and handles other secretarial matters.
- Preparing, drafting and/or reviewing Board and Board Committees minutes, and any other Committees (as may be set up from time to time) in order to reflect the discussion and decision of the meeting
- Drafting and/or vetting Board Committee papers, Circular Resolutions, etc., relevant sections of Annual Report and Circular to Shareholders, for Annual General Meeting as well as monitoring submission of papers by internal for tabling at Board and Board Committees’ meetings
- Assisting in the preparation and lodgement of Section 58 when there are changes in particulars of Directors, Managers and Company Secretaries, Section 78 when there is allotment of shares, Annual Return within 30 days from anniversary of the incorporation date as well as Company’s Audited Financial Statements within 30 days from the date of the Annual General Meeting etc.
- Preparing and/or reviewing general and specific announcement for submission to Bursa, e.g., on any changes in substantial shareholders’ interest, dealing in securities during closed period, foreign ownership in the Company, within the stipulated time
- Ensuring that Company’s statutory records are properly maintained and handle other secretarial matters
To succeed in this role, you will need to have at least to 10 - 15 years' experience. Candidates who are familiar with compliance/BNM guidelines will be viewed favourably.
- A degree in an appropriate discipline/LLB/ICSA qualifications/Licensed Company Secretary holder
- Familiar with all applicable statutory requirements, regulations, and guidelines relevant to company secretarial practice. Exposure in handling public listed companies/worked in banks/insurance companies is an advantage
- Ability to work independently guided by broad policies set by the management
- Independent and creative in exploring new ideas, team player with good interpersonal skills, self-motivated and highly committed, possesses good communication and writing skills and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision
This insurance group needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The organisation places a high priority on developing their people to world class standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Manager/Senior Manager, Company Secretary role.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 November 2022A well-established and reputable foreign financial institution is seeking a high-calibre AVP, Corporate Secretarial. In this job, you will join their corporate secretarial team in light of expansion plan to be based at their dynamic Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 November 2022An established fund management company is currently recruiting for a Manager/Assistant Manager, Legal and Secretarial job for its Legal and Secretarial Department. This role is based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 October 2022An Associate (Corporate) job has become available at an international law firm with regional headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, due to expansion to its corporate division.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 October 2022An up-and-coming mid-sized law firm is now seeking a high-calibre candidate for a Legal Associate/Partner (Corporate and Commercial) job to join their practice. Due to significant growth achieved since its inception, this mid-sized firm is now looking to grow and strengthen its corporate practice.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 October 2022A law firm with regional headquarters based in Kuala Lumpur is now seeking a Legal Associate/Senior Legal Associate (Dispute Resolution) due to significant expansion to its firm.