Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1810200/001
Date posted 07 June 2022kuala-lumpur legal/banking-finance 2022-06-07 2022-08-06 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A well-known and reputable international financial institution is currently seeking a high-calibre Company Secretary. In this job, you will the organisation based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Company Secretary Role:
In this vital role, you will be responsible for a trusted adviser to senior management and boards of directors of the company’s businesses, subsidiaries, and affiliates in Malaysia and across Asia Pacific, rendering all range of corporate secretarial as well as providing corporate governance support.
- Managing and organising board and board committee meetings, drafting, and preparing board and board committee minutes, circular resolutions and relevant board papers, rendering advice on governance matters requiring board attention and to directors on their legal duties and onboard governance practices
- Providing advice and support on organising and implementing director orientation and continuing education as well as on regulatory requirements
- Promoting and driving consistent standards for legal entity governance that support the firm’s strategic objectives
- Rendering advice, support, training and/or guidance to amongst others, directors, senior management, and legal entities on corporate secretarial matters in accordance with internal model and standards, corporate governance matters, including in relation to relevant laws and regulations, governance practices and legal entity management as well as resolution and recovery plan related matters and other local, regional and global projects, as appropriate
- Providing advice on company law and corporate governance matters, inter-affiliate service agreements and managing certain regulatory filings, corporate procedures, and record retention, as relates to governance matters as well as maintaining corporate records and certifications.
To succeed in this role, you would need to be able to work independently, effectively and have excellent written and spoken English which is imperative.
- Qualified member of the Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, Malaysian Bar, Malaysian Institute of Accountants, Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries or Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants with at least 5 - 10 years of relevant legal, company secretarial and corporate governance experience. Experience in financial institutions is an added advantage
- Excellent minute writing and drafting, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, experience in regulatory reporting/filing and the ability to work as a collaborative and proactive member of a team
- Meticulous, organised and take pride in your work
This financial institution is a global financial services powerhouse with operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity.
If you have a successful track record of and enjoy working in a team environment, this Company Secretary role is right for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values progressive mindset.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 May 2022This fully-licensed banking financial institution is seeking a reliable and dedicated Deputy Head, Company Secretary. In this job, you will support and lead the team in corporate services and corporate governance functions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 June 2022This fully-licensed banking financial institution is seeking a reliable and dedicated Deputy Head, Company Secretary. In this job, you will support and lead the team in corporate services and corporate governance functions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 05 June 2022A Senior Manager, Company Secretary job has just become available at one of the region’s up-and-rising insurance companies based in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 June 2022One of the region’s well-established insurance provider which provides a wide range of insurance products and services including personal automobile, home owner, property, general liability and reinsurance is currently seeking a high-calibre Head, Legal & Co Sec. In this job, you will join its dynamic office based in the city centre of Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 June 2022Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is looking for a high-calibre and talented candidate to take on a Senior Manager, Legal job in their legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur office.