Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1808890/001
Date posted 27 May 2022kuala-lumpur legal/banking-finance 2022-05-27 2022-07-26 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A reputable and well-known international insurance company is currently seeking a high-calibre Company Secretary, In this job, you will join its legal and corporate services department.
About the Company Secretary Role:
In this critical role, you will be responsible for assisting the head of department and chief operating officer in facilitating all aspects of corporate secretarial functions and support the coordination of board/shareholders as well as corporate governance matters and responsibilities.
- Preparing and distributing notices and meeting papers for Board, Board Committees, and shareholders meetings (collectively referred to as “meetings”) within deadlines, attending meetings alongside named Company Secretary as well as ensuring minutes are recorded with the relevant, feedback, dissenting views (if any) and comments of the respective stakeholders are incorporated to ensure the minutes of meeting accurately reflects the discussions and decisions taken during the meetings
- Liaising with named Company Secretary on amongst others, coordinating general meetings, arranging for Directors’ Circular Resolutions, certification of statutory documents, updating and maintaining all relevant statutory records as well as obtaining appropriate response and feedback to specific agenda items and matters arising from previous meetings and draft minutes
- Facilitating the process and maintain proper records regarding the Board and relevant Board Committees in terms of reference, remuneration policy, annual assessment of effectiveness, declaration of compliance/fit and proper/conflict of interest/independence for example, process in relation to changes in shareholders
- Monitoring, assisting and/or handling any changes to the Company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association, directors’ training programmes, preparation of dividend list of shareholders and dividend warrants and subsequent dispatch to shareholders, preparation for the application for appointment/re-appointment/resignation and termination of directors/signing actuary/external auditor to relevant authorities and update eAPPS accordingly
- Maintaining and/or filing custody and control over the request of the said companies’ statutory documents/ records/registers, minutes of meeting into the minutes book within the stipulated time frame as per the legislation
- Acting as a liaison person between the company and external parties including but not limited to external auditors, consultants, and relevant authorities in connection with company secretarial matters as well as administrator role for Kijangnet, specifically eAPPS and BoardPac
- Monitoring and assisting in ensuring compliance with the company’s policies and procedures, guidelines and Circulars issued by BNM and PIAM as well as requirements of the FSA 2013 and CA 2016 and any other relevant statutory and legal requirements in relation to the board/shareholder matters as well as compilation of HYCL (Half-Yearly Checklist), RTP (Risk Treatment Plan) and Disclosure Control for submission
- Reviewing the existing Board TOR to incorporate with FSA 2013, CA 2016, BNM Guidelines, HQ Management Handbook, etc.
To succeed in this role, you would need to have a minimum of five to six years of secretarial experience (in financial services industry), able to work independently and effectively.
- ICSA/LS qualified/in the midst of pursuing relevant qualifications with a degree in finance, economics or relevant professional qualifications
- Good knowledge of the general insurance business, operations and practices, related laws, regulations, and guidelines; good communication (written and spoken), interpersonal, people management, planning and organisational skills
- Proactive and committed to continuous improvements as well as hands-on involvement in key projects and departmental tasks/activities
The successful Company Secretary will join an organisation whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great opportunity and career progression.
If you have a successful track record of and enjoy working in a team environment, this Company Secretary role is right for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values a progressive mindset.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 June 2022A reputable and established company is now looking for a high-calibre candidate to take on a Compliance Manager job to advise, strategise, and implement its compliance regime in support of its commercial vehicle import and distribution business arm. This Compliance Manager role will report directly to the Chief of Business and will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 June 2022An international law firm with regional headquarters based in Kuala Lumpur is now recruiting for a Legal Associate (Corporate/Commercial) job due to significant expansion in its corporate/commercial division.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 June 2022An international logistics company is seeking a Legal & Compliance Manager. In this job, you should be self-motivated, has initiative and able to work in a dynamic-paced environment to support its legal and compliance functions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 May 2022A boutique law firm which specialises in corporate M&A, private equity, venture capital is now seeking a Associate/Senior Legal Associate (Corporate M&A) to join their firm. In this job, you will be working in a team of outstanding legal associates and reporting to the supervising partner.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 May 2022A rapidly expanding media start-up company is recruiting for a Legal Manager job to spearhead the legal function within the organisation to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This role will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) and is a sole legal contributor role.