Deputy Head, Corporate Services
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 1803710/001
Date posted 13 May 2022kuala-lumpur legal/banking-finance 2022-05-13 2022-07-12 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This fully-licensed banking financial institution is seeking a reliable and dedicated Deputy Head, Corporate Services. In this job, you will support and lead the team in corporate services and corporate governance functions.
About the Deputy Head, Corporate Services Role:
Reporting the Head of Department and leading a team, this role is responsible for full-range corporate secretarial services covering meetings, statutory records, compliance and governance related matters.
- Ensure smooth conduct and attend meetings such as Board, Board Committee and Senior Management related meetings and prepare accurate and timely minutes for comments
- Prepare and issue notice of meetings and compile meeting booklets for distribution to the Board, Board Committee members and Senior Management
- Ensure that all decisions of the Board, Board Committee and Senior Management are communicated to the affected parties promptly and on a timely basis
- Prepare Board/Board Committee/Senior Management Committee resolutions
- Maintain statutory records and ensure timely filings pursuant to the applicable rules and regulations
- Assist all matters in relation to corporate secretarial and corporate governance to ensure compliance with statutory or regulatory requirements, including Companies Act 1965, Financial Services Act 2013 (“FSA”) and BNM’s Policy Document on Corporate Governance, amongst others and advise on the latest developments of applicable rules and regulations
- Be the custodian of the common seal for the bank
- Advise the Board and Senior Management on corporate governance matters
- Review the terms of reference of the relevant Board/Management Committees within the bank
- Act as an official liaison person with regulators/external auditors/advisors
- Prepare relevant proposals for presentation to the Board/Board Committees
To succeed in this role, you will need to be meticulous, highly efficient, and accurate in taking minutes alongside supporting all other relevant corporate services related matters.
- ICSA qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience with company secretarial experience and knowledge of Bank Negara Malaysia’s relevant guidelines/FSA
- Excellent writing skills and communication capabilities, able to work independently and deliver results within stipulated deadlines
- Conversant in English and preferably Mandarin (both spoken and written) as the candidate is required to work with Mandarin-speaking stakeholders
This leading Asian financial institution is dedicated to providing high-quality financial services in all aspects to its customers, be that of trade, cross-border enterprises/investors, financial institutions and retail and seeks the same level of commitment from its employees.
This is the role for you if you are mature, have a pleasant personality with good disposition, confident and possess high integrity. Great career progression awaits the candidate with a can-do attitude for this Deputy Head, Corporate Services role.
Apply now or email your CV to email@example.com today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 May 2022This fully-licensed banking financial institution is seeking a reliable and dedicated Deputy Head, Company Secretary. In this job, you will support and lead the team in corporate services and corporate governance functions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 June 2022This fully-licensed banking financial institution is seeking a reliable and dedicated Deputy Head, Company Secretary. In this job, you will support and lead the team in corporate services and corporate governance functions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 June 2022One of the region’s well-established insurance provider which provides a wide range of insurance products and services including personal automobile, home owner, property, general liability and reinsurance is currently seeking a high-calibre Head, Legal & Co Sec. In this job, you will join its dynamic office based in the city centre of Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 June 2022Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is looking for a high-calibre and talented candidate to take on a Senior Manager, Legal job in their legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 June 2022An exciting Legal Manager job has just become available at one of the leading international tobacco companies based in Kuala Lumpur.