Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Lindy Ho
Date posted 25 October 20192019-11-14 2019-12-24 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 180000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting SVP, Legal (Shariah/Islamic Banking) role has just become available with a regionally well-established and reputable financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur. This role is catered and specialised for a legal talent/professional who is keen on a challenging and rewarding environment.
About the SVP, Legal (Shariah/Islamic Banking) Role:
Reporting to the Head of Legal, you will be playing a vital role in rendering legal support in relation to Shariah/Islamic banking products, transactions and/or matters in Malaysia in ensuring the bank’s and the legal department’s continued success as well as growth.
- Rendering legal support and advice on all range of Islamic Legal Finance related matters including but not limited to drafting, preparing and reviewing templates, standard forms, contracts, financing and non-financing security documentation for Islamic Finance products and other relevant documentation
- Facilitating and providing legal advice to guide and support various businesses and support functions in promoting greater awareness of legal risks within the organisation
- Preparing, developing and maintaining policies, procedures and guidelines as well as highlighting new and/or emerging legal risks for the management of Islamic legal risks on the organisation group-wide basis.
- Working closely with Shariah Committee and Islamic Banking Head with the goal to ensure all Islamic legal aspects and interests are duly complied with/protected
- Monitoring legal costs, legal suits and agreements entered into by Islamic businesses to be in line with the group’s requirement
To succeed in this SVP, Legal (Shariah / Islamic Banking) role, you will need to have solid legal banking experience and knowledge, be a team player and have the ability to work effectively.
- LL.B holder with at least 10 years' relevant experience in Islamic banking/finance industry
- Certification(s) / advanced certification(s)/further education on Islamic Law/Shariah/Islamic Banking course(s) are an added advantage
- Possesses strong and sound knowledge of the structure of Islamic financing contracts, understanding of Shariah banking operations, procedures and processes
- Advanced IT skills in Microsoft Office – Excel, SQL, Access and PowerPoint
- Strong drafting and communication skills
- A team player who has ability to work independently with minimum supervision
This financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding and yet dynamic but if you own a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are a driven and determined legal personnel, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting SVP, Legal role.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C