Senior Vice President, Group Legal
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 27 September 20192019-09-27 2019-11-26 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 216000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As a result of ongoing success, one of the leading established investment banks in now recruiting a high-calibre Senior Vice President, Group Legal to join its legal division in its office based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Senior Vice President, Group Legal Role:
Reporting to the Head, Group Legal, you are responsible for rendering legal services and direction on a wide range of legal matters, including but not limited to rendering legal advice and opinion, as well as documents and contract drafting.
- Managing and mitigating risks by reviewing and advising on various legal documentation as well as establishing proper policies and standard documentation with the goal to ensure protection of the company’s legal rights and minimisation of any exposure to contentious matters
- Handling, managing and establishing standard documentation which is to be adhered by all relevant business units/departments
- Rendering legal advice and handling a wide range of legal matters, amongst other include capital markets, equity, derivatives and lending as well as reviewing of documents referred by the business/support units
- Establishing and reviewing frameworks, policies or procedures to govern requirements pursuant to new legislation and/or regulations from time to time
- Providing proper feedback and quality control on the advice rendered by subordinates as well as overseeing and managing turnaround time and deliverables by direct reports
To succeed in this Senior Vice President, Group Legal role, you will need to have solid legal banking experience and knowledge, be a team player and have the ability to work effectively.
- LL.B holder with at least 12 - 15 years of relevant work experience, i.e., in the securities and financial industry/regulatory bodies/relevant experience in law firms. Candidates who are called to be Malaysian Bar are preferred
- Well-versed/has broad knowledge of contract and securities laws as well as knowledge of regulatory guidelines including Bursa rules, SC guidelines and BNM guidelines
- Strong drafting and communication skills
- A team player who possesses leadership qualities and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
This financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding yet dynamic, but if you own a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are a driven and determined legal personnel, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Vice President, Group Legal role.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C