Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 12 July 20192019-07-12 2019-09-10 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 96000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A world-leading general insurance organisation is recruiting a high calibre Legal Manager to be based in its Malaysian HQ in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Legal Manager Role:
Reporting to the CEO and working alongside the Regional Legal Counsel, the Legal Manager will play a key role in the legal team's and the company’s continued development and success in its Kuala Lumpur office.
- Rendering legal advice/support to business operations and stakeholders on insurance claims review, real estate leases and purchase and sale agreements affecting local operations, local civil, trade, labour and tax matters when necessary and any changes/developments in the relevant Malaysian laws and legislations as well as developing a system to efficiently disseminate information
- Rendering day-to-day management of all aspects of legal for the Malaysia operation, e.g. on regulatory/legal issues relating to insurance and reinsurance brokering and insurance agency, general corporate and commercial advisory work, drafting and reviewing various commercial contracts, material agreements entered into and performed by the Malaysian operation, policy wordings and documentation and Corporate litigation, internal investigation, dispute management and resolution, replies to complaints involving Malaysia’s regulatory bodies
- Reporting all issues to the regional legal team – east region and home office legal per the global consumer markets east|west legal and compliance reporting protocols, overseeing and monitoring intellectual property rights, performing periodic governance audits and periodic international protocol audits as well as supervising external non-claims counsel and developing an approved panel list as needed
- Providing corporate secretarial functions, maintaining company license (e.g. business scope extension) and relationship with regulators in conjunction with local and regional management as well as corporate governance of Malaysian companies
- Working with the compliance team to promote legal and compliance processes through training, policies and updates
- Setting up and maintaining a legal library (softcopy and hardcopy) of legal regulations and legal advice
The successful Legal Manager must be independent, proactive and driven.
- LL.B degree with at least five years of relevant legal experience. Previous in-house legal experience will be an added advantage
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels within the company
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English
- Possesses the ability to identify and analyse organisational needs with solid problem-solving abilities and to maintain effective relationships with internal and external constituencies and customers
- Proven effective supervisory and leadership skills in being flexible, creative, team-oriented and process-driven
This leading general insurer has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Legal Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is consistently breaking new ground.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C