Section Head, Company Secretarial / Secretariat
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 05 July 20192019-07-10 2019-09-03 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 96000 132000 132000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A well-established financial institution which provides a holistic range of financial services and banking facilities with the primary focus on the agricultural sector is currently recruiting for a high-calibre and experienced Section Head, Company Secretarial / Secretariat to join its office based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Section Head, Company Secretarial / Secretariat Role:
Reporting to the Company Secretary/Head of Corporate Services Department, you will be responsible for managing and delivering the highest quality secretarial services and work as well as play a critical role in the secretariat’s team continued success and development.
- Reviewing, managing, implementing and/or approving all range of corporate secretarial tasks, daily administration, notice, agenda and minutes of meeting for circulation, minutes of meeting document prior signs off by the Chairman as well as ensuring smooth operation and maintaining effective and efficient communications with the management and various stakeholders
- Managing and administering matters arising/outstanding updates from respective department within stipulated period as well as ensuring secretarial and statutory records are properly maintained and updated
- Act as alternate secretary to the company secretary/head of corporate services department in ensuring all meetings, i.e. board, board committee, management and general meetings are properly organised which includes advising on agenda and ensuring timely circulation of relevant papers/documentation, convening and minutes in accordance with provisions of the articles of association and the Companies Act 1965 as well as within the limit of authority during the absence of the company secretary
- Leading and managing secretariat team for meetings and accompanying the company secretary at board meetings if required as well as grooming and providing coaching to the team
- Reviewing training needs analysis for the team annually for the team’s development and career progression, departmental budget for the company secretary’s approval and preparing extract of meetings form the company secretary’s approval
- Discharging all other responsibilities and duties as may be directed by the company secretary and managing specific projects on behalf of the head of department when directed
To succeed in the Section Head, Company Secretarial / Secretariat role, you must have the following traits and qualification.
- Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree, professional degree or equivalent
- At least five years of relevant working experience, especially in the financial services industry
- ICSA/LS qualification is an added advantage
- A team player and possesses good leadership skills and qualities
- Committed to work, driven, proactive, organised, resourceful and is able to work independently with minimum supervision
This leading financial services institution needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in its field of expertise. You will have the opportunity to work in an organisation with a stellar reputation in the market and a great clientele base. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you to work with an industry leader with a successful track record.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C