Salary Market aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 05 July 20192019-07-10 2019-09-03 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the well-established insurance companies in Malaysia is currently recruiting an experienced Company Secretary to join its dynamic office based in the city centre in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Company Secretary Role:
Due to excellent results and progress, the Company Secretary will be responsible in rendering secretarial assistance and expertise in ensuring that the company complies with the relevant legislations and regulations as well as maintaining all forms of statutory compliance.
- Manage and handle all range of company secretarial tasks / duties as well as rendering advice to the board and management on secretarial matters in decision-making processes and to disseminate decision made thereof to relevant parties as directed
- Ensuring compliance of relevant legislations, corporate governance and other rules and regulations as well as proper maintenance of statutory records, submission of statutory returns and compliance of statutory requirements under the Companies Act 2016
- Preparing director’s circular resolution, minutes, annual reports and ensuring management’s approval of all documentation as well as informing regulators on any significant changes in the company’s structure, management and directors
- Organising and coordinating AGM / board of directors’ meeting and any other special / extraordinary meetings, amongst others include the issuance of proper notices of meetings, preparation of agenda, circulation of relevant papers and taking minutes
- Rendering assistance in all related duties and functions as directed by the management
The successful candidate must be driven, independent and possesses strong self-initiative.
- Candidate must have at least five years of secretarial experience
- Possess relevant bachelor’s degree and / or professional qualification, i.e. ICSA or LS qualification
- Possess sound technical proficiency in Companies Act 2016 and any other relevant regulatory acts, laws and guidelines as well as exposure in insurance / financial services businesses / models across the market
- Well-versed in company secretarial procedures and corporate governance best practices
- Possess good written and spoken, English and Malay proficiencies
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills who has the ability to interact with stakeholders, responsible, pro-active and able to adapt and learn quickly
This company is more than just another insurance provider and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you have a successful track record in the corporate secretarial industry from an insurance / financial services background especially, you can take your career forward with this attractive Company Secretary role.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C