Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 04 July 20192019-07-10 2019-09-02 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 91200 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A well-established insurance company in Malaysia is currently recruiting a high-calibre Legal Manager to join its dynamic office based in the city centre in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Legal Manager Role:
As a result of excellent results, the Legal Manager will play a vital and critical role in supporting the business on all range of legal and insurance related legal matters as well as in providing advice and opinion to various business functions/units within the organisation.
- Drafting, preparing and vetting of various relevant agreements/contracts, focusing on implementing and improving standard forms, checklists and other control tools in order to manage relevant legal risks for the company efficiently
- Managing, handling and supporting the company’s business functions/lines in all types of contract negotiations
- Rendering legal assistance to the business and other control functions in all range of insurance related legal matters which include but not limited to drafting and reviewing insurance policies, marketing materials, information sheets as well as participating in product development and approval committees
- Providing legal advice and support, in particular, on insurance law, corporate law, business law and technology or data privacy related matters/issues
- Managing legal matters and aspects of company projects independently as well as rendering legal support in ombudsman and contentious matters
- Liaising with the company’s regional office and external counsel on various legal matters as and when required
- Establishing and maintaining a centralised database of all regulatory guidelines and circulars as well as compiling and centralising the custody of all legal and commercial agreements
A talented legal practitioner/in-house counsel is required for this rewarding role that has been recently established.
- LL.B graduate with minimum five years of PQE in a relevant legal experience. Experience in handling legal matters related to insurance laws and regulations would be an added advantage
- Possesses sound and good understanding of insurance legal issues and regulatory policies
- Possesses excellent drafting and communication skills and the ability to work independently and to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Well organised with high level of attention to details and accuracy, motivated, highly driven and a team player
- Possesses the ability to articulate thoughts and opinion while building good relationship across the company
This company is more than just another insurance provider and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you have a successful track record in the legal industry from an insurance/financial services background especially, you can take your career forward with this attractive Legal Manager role.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C