Assistant Manager, Legal / Senior Legal Executive
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 04 June 20192019-06-24 2019-08-03 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 72000 108000 108000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Assistant Manager, Legal / Senior Legal Executive job has just become available at one of the most established investment holding companies based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Reporting to the Head, Legal & Corporate Affairs, you will play a vital role in ensuring the continuous success and growth of the department and company as well as in supporting a large, complex business remit with a regional remit.
About the A.M Legal / Senior Legal Executive Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be assisting in and be responsible for defining the broad business development strategy as well as rendering legal advice and support to the company.
- Review, draft and negotiate various types of agreements including but not limited to agreements relating to the acquisition, licensing and agreements relating to the various businesses of the company
- Provide legal advice to the various company divisions on a range of matters including contract law, company law and intellectual property law
- Provide legal advice and ensure compliance with the provisions of the Companies Act and any other legislation relevant to the business operations of the company
- Manage litigation / contentious matters including coordinating, liaising, strategising and working with external counsel
To succeed in this Legal role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with senior management teams, across borders and internal matrix. You will also need to have the following traits and qualifications.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree, Professional Degree and/or Master's Degree in Law or equivalent and called to the Malaysian Bar
- At least 2 to 3 years of legal practice experience in a reputable legal firm or equivalent
- Strong corporate / M&A / real estate experience is preferred. Litigation background / experience will be considered as an added advantage
- Ability to develop overall business strategy and plans
- Strong analytical skills, meticulous and thrives under pressure and enjoys dynamic environment
- A global perspective, with sensitivity to multiple and diverse cultures
This organisation is much more than an investment holding company and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, size of the business, freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a driven individual with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C