Vice President, Company Secretary
Salary Market aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 04 June 20192019-06-04 2019-08-03 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 96000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive Vice President, Company Secretary role has just arisen in a reputable investment bank based in the heart of Kuala Lumpur.
About this Vice President, Company Secretary role:
Due to excellent results and expansion plans, the VP, Company Secretary will play a key role in the company secretary team’s continued development and success in its dynamic Kuala Lumpur office.
- Carrying out all range of company secretarial and corporate governance responsibilities and duties
- Maintaining proper and up-to-date records of register of members, directors, managers and secretaries, Minutes Book and Statutory Forms and well as custodian of the Common Seal and shares certificates
- Preparing Directors’ Circular Resolutions for approval on policy and operational matters, AGM / EGM documents as well as filing of Statutory Forms with the SSM, Securities Commission and other relevant regulators for the Bank and its subsidiaries
- Attending to the increase / reduction of share capital including allotment of shares, transfer of shares and issuing share certificates, change of Company’s name and maintaining the Charters of Board and Board Committees
- Uploading meeting papers into the system and preparing minutes and dissemination to all interested parties of proceedings / decisions made at the meetings and draft Board/Board Committee papers from Corporate Secretarial Office to be presented at Board / Board Committee meeting
- Preparing draft minutes / comments of meetings with regards to Board Risk Management Committee, Board Audit Committee and Board Credit Review Committee
- Providing copies of updated minutes and file / records for regulators such as Securities Commission, external auditors, internal auditors and EPF
- Providing certification of documents / forms, provision / verification / confirmation of corporate information to other divisions and arranging for Directors’ signatures on documents such as confirmation of interests from Corporate Finance
- Providing extract of Directors’ resolutions and minutes of meetings and disseminating proceedings / decisions made at the meetings to all relevant parties
- Liaising and coordinating with the respective Divisions in respect of Board and Board Committees papers to ensure timely submission and uploading of papers to the system as well as on matters arising from the previous meeting to be updated in the next meeting
The successful candidate must be driven, independent and possesses strong self-initiative.
- Candidate must have at least five years of relevant working experience in handling company secretarial work and statutory requirements
- Possesses a bachelor degree and/or professional qualification in relevant discipline (LL.B / ICSA)
- Possesses sound knowledge of company law and administration and corporate governance, including the Companies Act and the Malaysian Corporate Governance Code
- Has good working knowledge of the regulatory environment affecting financial services businesses
This leading investment bank has a great reputation and is strong leader in its niche market. The business succeeds due to its inclusive culture and there are platforms available in this organisation that can facilitate professional growth and development.
If you are a focused corporate secretarial professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this VP, Company Secretary role is the right fit for you. This is a rapidly growing organisation and you will be part of their corporate journey towards assimilation and success.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C