Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 13 March 2019 2019-03-132019-05-06 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 132000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
A Legal Manager job has just arisen at a global leader within the insurance industry. The role will be based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Legal Manager Role:
Due to excellent results, the Legal Manager will play a key role in the Legal department’s continued development and success in the Malaysian market. You will work directly with the Head of Legal by assisting and providing all manner of legal support or otherwise, to ensure the Company’s business and operations function within the relevant legal and regulatory framework in Malaysia.
- Rendering advice in relation to laws and regulations affecting the organisation including the FSA 2013, PDPA 2010 & BNM Guidelines & Regulations
- Providing legal advice and support in connection with major business initiatives and transactions, including new distribution methods, corporate acquisitions / disposals and real property matters to all business and non-business units
- Preparing, reviewing, negotiating and finalising all legal documentation including insurance policy documents, contracts such as distribution, broker, agency, sponsor, referral, marketing and confidentiality agreements
- Managing and overseeing the debt collection and all non-claim litigation matters including the negotiation and settlement processes as well as working in tandem with external counsels
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and external parties such as relevant authorities and bodies, Ministries, service providers and other third parties, where required and any other related duties as assigned from time to time
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a talented legal practitioner / in-house counsel with a minimum of five to seven years PQE in a a regulatory or corporate governance capacity.
- LL.B graduate from a reputable university and minimum five to seven years of PQE in a relevant legal / regulatory or corporate governance role
- Confident, articulate, mature and able to analyse complex legal issues and present them in a succinct and concise manner
- Possesses effective communication, negotiation, interpersonal, management and drafting skills with a high level of integrity and confidentiality as well as excellent written and presentation skills
- Pleasant personality with a high degree of professionalism, ability to work independently and meet deadlines as well as positive and high-motivated work attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and comfortable working with senior management on multiple legal issues
- Possesses good planning, organisation skills, inter-personal skills as well as pro-active with a strong sense of responsibility and commitment
This company is more than just an insurance provider and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you have a successful track record in the legal industry in an insurance/financial services firm, take your career forward with this attractive Legal Manager role.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C