Head / Senior Legal Counsel
Consultant Lindy Ho
Date posted 14 December 2018 2018-12-142019-02-09 legal Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Head / Senior Legal Counsel job has just become available within a globally established financial institution in Malaysia. This is an opportunity for you to be part of its pioneering team in driving the Commercial Banking business at an exciting time in their development.
About the Head / Senior Legal Counsel Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for protecting the company and enabling flawless execution of the business objectives.
- Provide legal advice, guidance and support in assigned areas to ensure that company exposure to legal risk is managed
- Contribute to the containment of legal, contractual, legislative and dispute adjudication risks of the company and brands through provision of legal advice, solutions and training
- Provide local support to all lawyers within the Group to drive the implementation and institutionalisation of the operational risk management framework and management of legal risk in Malaysia
- Act as a delegated contact (General Counsel being the key contact) as well as to assist in disseminating and cascading communications from APAC to the local legal team
- Undertake a monitoring / oversight role in respect of the management of risk within the legal function and an oversight role in respect of legal risks in the businesses, functions and other brands of the company in Malaysia
To succeed in this Head / Senior Legal Counsel role, you must possess a degree in law and have at least 8-10 years' post-qualification experience of proven working experience, preferably with in-house experience or in an international organisation.
- Wide knowledge and experience in banking, corporate and securities law concepts and laws in major jurisdictions
- Candidates who are well versed with corporate / commercial banking related work will be viewed favourably
- Commercially astute with excellent command of verbal and written English
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team with strong leadership skills
This global bank needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. This organisation is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of work, size of business and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive individual with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity or email your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125