Legal Counsel, Litigation/Funds Management
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Tracy Tan
Date posted 03 October 2018 2018-10-032018-12-02 legal Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
As a result of ongoing and continued successes within the KL office, an established financial institution is recruiting a Legal Counsel, Litigation/Fund Management to join their Group. You will take the lead providing direction in all legal-related activities including the management of stakeholder's expectations and rendering legal advice, guidance and support in assigned areas to ensure that the Group’s exposure to legal risk is mitigated.
About the Legal Counsel, Litigation/Fund Management Role:
In this business-critical role, you will play a critical role in providing the direction to all things legal-related, including reviewing agreements, providing advice, mitigating risk as well as ensuring all related matters are in compliance with the legal requirements.
- Advising the Bank and the Group on all legal matters including on all strategic initiatives of the Bank and the Group
- Advising, vetting and drafting legal documents and providing training on new legislation and new case law from to time
- Assisting other departments with formulation of policy and procedures to ensure legal compliance
- Handling both internal and external projects embarked upon by the Bank and Group
- Monitor material litigation cases where the Bank and the Group are sued or initiating legal action and to assist the Group General Counsel with various strategic initiatives of the Group as well
- Representing Group Legal at industry meetings for e.g., at The Association of Banks in Malaysia (ABM) and Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM)
To succeed in this role, you must possess at least eight years of post-qualification experience.
- LL.B from a reputable university and admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Candidates with related experience in financial services, banking/corporate law gained in a major law firm or another financial institution will be viewed favourably
- A good understanding of all laws relevant to financial services, banking operations, including being able to draft all types of contracts relevant to financial services
- Litigation/fund management experience in banking recovery and/or banking operations would be an added advantage
- A Strategic thinker with organisational and analytical skills as well as problem solving capabilities is required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with various levels of people and work in a team
This financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and international coverage, they have won numerous awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The financial institution places a high priority on developing their people to world class standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal Counsel, Litigation/Fund Management job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125