Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Tracy Tan
Date posted 16 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
As a result of ongoing and continued success both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader in the insurance industry is recruiting for a SM/Head, Legal to join their offices based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the SM/Head, Legal Role
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the SM/Head, Legal will play a key role in the Legal department’s continued development and success in the Malaysian market. The SM/Head, Legal will work directly with the Chief Legal & Compliance Officer by assisting and providing all manner of legal support or otherwise, to ensure the Company’s business and operations function within the relevant legal and regulatory framework in Malaysia.
- Providing advice in relation to laws and regulations affecting the organisation including the FSA 2013, PDPA 2010 AND BNM Guidelines & Regulations
- Providing legal advice and support in connection with major business initiatives and transactions, including new distribution methods, corporate acquisitions/disposals and real property matters to all business and non-business units
- Preparing, reviewing, negotiating and finalising all legal documentation including insurance policy documents, contracts such as distribution, broker, agency, sponsor, referral, marketing and confidentiality agreements
- Managing and overseeing the debt collection and all non-claim litigation matters including the negotiation and settlement processes as well as working in tandem with external counsels
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and external parties such relevant authorities and bodies, Ministry, service providers and other third parties, as and when required
To succeed in the SM/Head, Legal role, you have to be able to work independently in managing resources and demands from the business and non-business departments from all local, regional and global offices.
- LL.B graduate from a reputable university and minimum 10 years of PQE in a relevant legal/regulatory or corporate governance role
- Confident, articulate and able to analyse complex legal issues and present them in a succinct and concise manner
- Possesses effective communication, negotiation, interpersonal, management and drafting skills with a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Pleasant personality with a high degree of professionalism, ability to work independently and meet deadlines as well as positive and high-motivated work attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and comfortable working with senior management on multiple legal issues
This company is more than just another insurance provider and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you have a successful track record in the legal industry from an insurance/financial services background especially, you can take your career forward with this attractive SM/Head, Legal role.
Apply now or email me to discuss this opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125