Senior Legal Counsel
Consultant Lindy Ho
Date posted 06 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A market-leading international banking group is currently looking to recruit a high-calibre Senior Legal Counsel to be based at their new Kuala Lumpur office. In this Senior Legal Counsel job, you will be leading the business in its next phase of growth.
About the Senior Legal Counsel Role:
Reporting to the Head, Legal & Compliance, you will be assisting in the bank's day-to-day activities and render legal advice and support as required in relation to other general legal matters and other legal projects.
- Assist in monitoring reporting obligations and required filings where needed, and liaising with the other functions to achieve proper filings and reporting
- Assist the board of directors / senior management team to formulate and implement the bank's compliance framework and relevant compliance policies and procedures
- Formulate, draft and review standard legal documentation and related guidelines, policies and procedure notes
- Formulate, review and enhance standard loan documentations to be in line with applicable laws and regulations
- Participate in cross-border syndicated lending, funded / unfunded risk participation exercises etc
- Review and draft documents relating to various banking and financing transactions
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-imperatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- A Malaysian qualified lawyer with a minimum 8 years' post-qualification experience in general banking gained at a leading law firm or financial institution
- Good command of Mandarin in writing, reading and speaking as oversight in this role includes liaising with Mandarin-speaking counterparts
- Independent self-starter and team player willing to cover a broad spectrum of work and to assist in establishing new processes
- Sound knowledge of the Malaysian banking law and regulations, and relevant experience in banking, loan transactions and compliance will be viewed favourably
This leading financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Legal Counsel job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125