Senior Vendor Manager
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant SHERYL SIM
Date posted 07 December 2018 2018-12-072019-01-22 it Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Vendor Manager role just made available in the shared services arm of a world leading tobacco company !
About the role
As a Vendor Manager, you will be managing the execution of contracts and vendor management processes and standards to optimise the performance of strategic partners against the contracted services.
- Provide pre-contract support working with legal and procurement and acting as a key stakeholder in negotiated contract outcomes. Input to RFP requirements around change, governance and commercial structures and undertake contract negotiation to deliver the required business outcome
- Provide analysis and challenge of supplier proposals into business case
- Provide review and advice on supplier content of project briefs and PDDs
- Perform stage gate reviews during project life-cycle and take accountability for go/no go decisions or concessions against stage gates for vendor management
- Understand the portfolio of demand for pipeline projects and services with suppliers in line with agreed strategies and provide business challenge in the case of conflict
- Develop vendor management support models (strategic, operational, project) that align with business requirements;
- Facilitate, review and evaluate the execution of IT strategies / and plans against current supplier portfolio, work with procurement to define categorisation of new vendors;
- Identify synergies and commonalities across projects/functions of suppliers in use
- Develop vendor management processes and standards/ drive adoption and adherence to agreed processes and standards to support execution of business strategy;
- Design, implement and manage all integrated vendor management governance across the IT function
- Drive and manage integrated supplier activity at a senior level
- Lead contract and commercial risk and issue management and dispute resolution
- Provide contract interpretation and advice
- Perform contract change management and contract drafting/review/negotiation and approvals for contracts within delegated authority
- Review IT costs against budgets; evaluating financial reports and addressing potential problems.
- Manage and drive continuous improvement with suppliers as part of defined KPI metrics;
- Provide IT leadership and senior management with information and decision support - collate required data and produce reports and insights to facilitate decision making
- Provide assistance with prioritisation and scheduling of supplier contracts/engagements/innovation
- Accountable for third party outsourced controls for SOX purposes
- Drive planning and decision-making processes in line with organisational time lines
- Support supplier technology strategy and drive value through co-ordinating vendor innovation and leading the management of this against plan in governance
- Peer group and internal customers across all business functions (including IT) supporting operational and project delivery supplier performance and cost
- IT Finance –support of accurate financial supplier reporting against contract commitments
- Procurement – support procurement in pre-contact requirements definition and negotiation and in co-ordinating and understanding new supplier demand.
- Legal – support in pre-contact negotiation and post contract change, advice and issue and dispute resolution
- Architecture – understand architecture roadmap and impacts on supplier contracts or licensing considerations
- Planning – collaborate on the development of any IT plans and budgets to ensure they reflect the commercial structures of the supplier contracts and contain vendor management milestones
- PMO – commercial risk and issue management and scope and plan change control
- 3rd Party Vendors – manage 3rd party vendors against the contracts entered into with them and any pipeline projects or innovation
- Degree educated in law or business or qualifications in procurement
- 11-15 years post graduate work experience including pre and post execution management of complex high risk, high value supplier contracts and multi-vendor environments
- Experienced in supplier management processes and standards, including management of third-party suppliers and contract negotiation/issue/dispute resolution
- Experienced in project management, both waterfall and agile methodologies desirable
- Experience in large global organisation using in-sourced and out-sourced IT services models including cloud technology and a good working knowledge of the management of global IT Services.
- Understanding of SOX and third party outsourced controls desirable
- Experienced in the core aspects of commercial and contract management. Strong commercial negotiator, able to negotiate contract changes, draft contracts, influence and deliver changes in working practices and to analyse and manage supplier cost implications
This organization needs no further introduction in the tobacco industry as they are paving their way with revolutionary innovations. If you are agile and love empowerment, you are looking at the right opportunity! Apply today or drop me your CV at email@example.com.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125