Software Project Manager
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant SHERYL SIM
Date posted 01 March 2019 2019-03-012019-04-30 it Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 90000 132000 132000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An attractive Project Manager job has just been made available at a leading automation solution company for healthcare, warehouses and distribution.
About the Project Manager Role:
You will take the lead in development projects from beginning to completion. With the help of a dedicated Product Specialist, you will manage the functional scope of a project including the costs and budget and ensure the project is implemented in line with the firm's quality standards.
- Manage and plan the project with regard to scope, budget, resources, timelines, risk, project phases and iterations
- Guide the implementation team on applying our quality processes
- Coordinate with the Swisslog CCs in development and release planning
- Setup project infrastructure and create project charter and project plans
- Together with assigned Product Specialist and Architect estimate project cost that would constitute a project budget when estimation is approved
- Coordinate peer reviews of requirements, designs and test cases
- Assist the Product Specialists in involving suitable stakeholders for reviewing and approval of the content and priorities
- Organise design workshops with SynQ architects to translate business and market requirements described in blueprints into a software design
- Lead implementation kick-offs and approve project checklists
- Maintain project work break-down structure, conduct iteration reviews
- Keep balance of scope / budget / timeline and risks of all assigned projects
- Gain industry and software domain knowledge, e.g. by acting as peer reviewer for Product Specialist and architect artefacts
- Report regularly on all projects (PPR, SEC), coordinate content publication in social media and other channels
To succeed in this role, you will need to possess three or more years experience in software project management using agile methods and distributed teams.
- Advanced technical college / university degree in either logistics, engineering (mechanical, controls or software) or management subject or comparable industry experience
- Trained in ALM tools (Polarion, Jira)
- Swift on Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proven agile development qualification
- PMP certification (or equivalent)
- Profound understanding of integrated systems and IT landscapes
- Java programming skills
- Having knowledge inTest engineering, Software engineering, Requirements engineering, and Logistics and supply chain process will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel (10%)
This automation solutions firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise.
If you are driven, determined, and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or contact me for further discussion.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C