Regional IT Security Specialist
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Esther Chin
Date posted 02 December 20192019-12-02 2020-01-31 it Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 7000 12000 12000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Regional IT Security Specialist job has just been made available at an FMCG company.
About the Regional IT Security Specialist (APAC) Role:
In this role, you will identify, document and develop IT security policies, tools and remediation solutions for regulatory and cyber security issues. The IT security specialist safeguards all information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems. The role reports operationally to the Regional Network Manager as it is part of the IT Operations management team in collaboration with counterparts around regions.
- All activities concerning managing, implementing, maintaining and administration of the IT Security infrastructure in their area of competence
- Threat hunting: Utilisation of existing internal and public threat intelligence feeds and proactive investigation of threat and potential risks against the company
- Security Monitoring: Day-to-day monitoring of IT security stated based on existing tools and technologies including collaboration with SIEM/SOC Team
- Incident investigation and response: Analysis of the security incidents reported to or identified by IT security. Acting to contain, remediate and solve
- Continuous measurement of security state and regular reporting through KPI and Security Metrics
- Cross regional sharing of security best practices and assuring alignment of security controls across the company regionally
- Leafing assigned strategy and global infrastructure design projects
- Manage SLA's and service contracts with external suppliers
- Participate in security risk assessments and work with other teams to remediate security vulnerabilities
- Train IT staff and users on new security policies and procedures
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits
- Protects systems by defining access privileges, control structures and resources
- Work with IT teams to manage the life cycle of both internal and third party certificates
To succeed in this Regional IT Security Specialist role, the incumbent must have hands on experiences and good understanding in these areas: IT operations and infrastructure, email security and cloud security. Six years and above experiences are well preferred.
- Email Security: Good knowledge of email security concepts and standards (Phishing protection, Anti-spoofing, SPF, DKIM, DMARC, Data Leakage Prevention, and Advanced Threat Prevention)
- Cloud Security Solutions: Preferred working experience with one or more of (Cloud web security solutions, cloud access security broker, cloud sandboxing, and data leakage prevention)
- Cloud Platform: Preferred candidate should have working experience with cloud IaaS/PaaS solutions (Azure and/or AWS) and security solutions dedicated to protect cloud hosted workloads
- Familiarity with market products in the segment of advanced threat prevention and sandboxing. Hands-on experience will be an advantage
- Experience of working in regional or global environment
- Good knowledge on security brand vendor solutions: Checkpoint, F5, ZScaler, Infoblox, Symantec, Qualys
- Industry recognised security certifications (e.g: CISSP, CEH, etc.)
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Mandarin, Hindi or other Asian languages are an advantage as you will be required to communicate with regional counterparts and stakeholders
This company is much more than an FMCG company and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Regional IT Security Specialist (APAC) job.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C