Chief Information Security Officer
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Queenie Yeoh
Date posted 24 September 20192019-09-24 2019-11-23 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 25000 50000 50000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading financial institution is seeking a high-calibre Chief Information Security Officer based in Kuala Lumpur. In this job, you will drive the IT security strategy and implementation.
About the Chief Information Security Officer Role:
The Chief Information Security Officer drives the IT security strategy and implementation forward whilst protecting the business from security threats and cyber-hacking. This is a senior role and will commonly involve directing a team and taking a seat on the technology leadership team.
- Creating and implementing a strategy for the deployment of information security technologies
- Performing IT security risk assessments and reporting on ways to minimise threats
- Monitoring security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems
- Tracking latest IT security innovations and keeping abreast of latest cyber security technologies
- Ensuring business continuity
- Communicating with key stakeholders about IT security threats
- Implementing an effective process for the reporting of security incidents
- Overseeing the investigation of reported security breaches
- Developing strategies to handle security incidents and trigger investigations
- Managing the IT security team, security experts and advisers
- Complying with the latest regulations and compliance requirements
- Championing and educating the organisation about the latest security strategies and technologies
To succeed as the Chief Information Security Officer in this organisation, you must be familiar with the overall information security/IT governance/IT management, you will also need to be able to manage stakeholders of all levels and be willing to be hands-on when the circumstances require.
- At least 15 years experience in roles involving information security, IT governance, IT management and/or major programme management
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or qualification in a related subject. A master's degree in business administration is highly desirable
- Ability to leverage business communication skills to inform, persuade, and teach stakeholders, staffs and leadership to enable effective information security activities and processes in line with the cyber readiness programme
- Good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and experience of working within these
- Strong technical aptitude, excellent control concept and ability to assess risks
- Good written and verbal communication skills, analytically, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- A track record of making decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long-term risks and implications
This financial institution needs no introduction. Your potential employer is one of the most well-known financial institutions in KL with the reputation of having a team-based and encouraging culture.The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The organisation is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you have the relevant experience and are keen to take the next step in your career, this Chief Information Security Officer is the role for you.
Apply now to find out more about the job by contacting Queenie Yeoh at email@example.com
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C