Head of Data Centre
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant GE Ong
Date posted 03 September 20192019-09-03 2019-11-02 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 180000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Data Centre job has just become available at one of the leading financial services organisations based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Head of Data Centre Role:
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure, you will be the boots on the ground leader who ensures operational excellence in the data centre. Your main responsibility in this business critical position is to ensure that stability, performance and capacity of the data centre are managed effectively. Creation of operating reports and presentation is also required to monitor the overall performance of the group and the outsourced partners.
- Process owner for complex service requests (RFS) and management of the infrastructure resource management team
- Oversight of patching processes, reporting, and management, ensuring patching is being done consistently, exceptions tracked and reported, and any gaps tracked and closed
- Hardware asset management process owner ensuring hardware assets are correctly tracked and appropriate maintenance of servers and storage is properly tracked, reported and maintained
- Participate in high severity operational incidents. Act as an escalation point for the operations team
- Management of the data centre operations audit responses, including oversight of request fulfilment, working with audit on findings, and working with other teams on management responses
- Able to influence and mentor technical concepts/methods and associated operational processes. Make and influence technical and business decisions
To succeed in the Head of Data Centre job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively with both local and regional teams to deliver quality, and continuously improving, services to the business.
- Degree in IT or equivalent
- Minimum of five years' relevant experience in managing data centre operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively and proactively communicate complex operational ideas, subjects, and directions to technical and non-technical audiences
- Technical background or experience covering Linux, Windows, VMWare, iSeries/AS400, IBM Mainframe backup technologies and Oracle apps tool
- Expertise in the areas of information security and risk management, business continuity, disaster recovery/avoidance
- Financial services background is an advantage
This financial services organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do-attitude, the potential rewards are significant. This company is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career prospect awaits the right person in this exciting and challenging Head of Data Centre job.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C